.net component from earlier framework version

bpsdgnews

In vb.net 2010 I get this error when I want to restart working on an
older project. It make suse of a third party component, which seems to
cause this:

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for
details. The error is: Mixed mode assembly is built against version
'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime
without additional configuration information.

What can I do about it?

Cor

Set it to framework 2.0 that can be done, not the opposite.

Be aware that framework 4 is not a complementary one like 3.5 so it does not
contains framework 2.0

Success

Cor

"bpsdgnews" wrote in message

In vb.net 2010 I get this error when I want to restart working on an
older project. It make suse of a third party component, which seems to
cause this:

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for
details. The error is: Mixed mode assembly is built against version
'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime
without additional configuration information.

What can I do about it?

bpsdgnews

Set it to framework 2.0 that can be done, not the opposite.

Thanks for your answer Cor. But I have no clue on how to do that.

Can you explain a little further please?

bpsdgnews

Thanks for your answer Cor. But I have no clue on how to do that.

Can you explain a little further please?

Okay, nevermind. Found it at project properties\compile\advanced
compile options...\target framework