    help me out, greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

    (Or if there is some other free IDE like Web Matrix that supports .Net
    Compact Framework??)

    Asad Khan, Sep 25, 2003

  2. The upgrade is the right way to go. Through the end of September it is just
    USD$29 .
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/howtobuy/upgrade/vstudio03/default.aspx

    VS2002 supported something called the "Smart Device Extensions" which was,
    in effect, a tech preview of the function that was integrated into VS2003.
    SDE was released as an independent add-on, but has since been de-listed.
    You can no longer download SDE from Microsoft. SDE was never supported.

    Aside from the IDE, I have heard that some people have constructed Smart
    Device apps using the compact framework DLLs mated with the compiler for the
    full framework. This is not a combination that is supported by MS.

    For more on the compact framework, you should post to
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

    -Dino

    ----
    Dino Chiesa
    Microsoft Developer Division
    d i n o c h @ o n l i n e . m i c r o s o f t . c o m

    "Asad Khan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have Visual Studio 2002 Enterprise Architecture Edition. I was
    > wondering if anyone has any information on how I can develop applications
    > for .Net Compact Framework using this IDE. I've heard Visual Studio 2003
    > ships with the functionality for .Net Compact Framework development. But
    > right now I have Visual Studio 2002. Is there anything I can do? (Other

    than
    > the obvious upgrade to 2003).
    >
    > I've heard some beta version of .Net Compact Framework work on Visual

    Studio

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Sep 25, 2003