    --
    Amy E. Baggott

    "I''m going crazy and I''m taking all of you with me!" -- Linda Grayson

    Amy E. Baggott, Jul 22, 2009

  2. Amy E. Baggott

    macropod Guest

    Hi Amy,

    Yes, you can nest IF statements - up to 20 levels if need be. Thus:
    {IF{DATE \@ "YYYYMMDD"}> {DEADLINEDATE \@ "YYYYMMDD"} "No refund as deadline has passed." {IF{BALANCE}< 0 "Refund to follow"}}

    Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above example are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste
    them from this message. Also, be careful to preserve the spacing indicated around the various expressions, otherwise you may run
    into problems.
    --
    Cheers
    macropod

    macropod, Jul 23, 2009

  3. Amy E. Baggott

    sarahisaacs

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Please can someone help me. I am trying to use if statements in word with no sucess.

    I have an address block where address2 and address3 are sometime populated and sometimes not. So I want to say if address2 = " " then skip, If address3 " " then just display address2. If both address2 and address3 are not blank then display address2, address3. With a comma separating them.

    This is what I have so far:
    {if { MERGEFIELD ADDRESS3} = " " "{MERGEFIELD ADDRESS2}" "{MERGEFIELD ADDRESS2} {MERGEFIELD ADDRESS3}"}

    I tried to add the comma:
    {if { MERGEFIELD ADDRESS3} = " " "{MERGEFIELD ADDRESS2}" "{MERGEFIELD ADDRESS2}"","" {MERGEFIELD ADDRESS3}"}

    But this doesn't work at all.

    I haven't even got to the skip bit yet

    Please can someone help

    Thanks