    so, what is safe to install? I also have Cyberlink Power Director (have not
    installed yet).

    Thanks

    msmarti58, Jun 17, 2006

  2. msmarti58

    Jane C Guest

    I have Nero Ultimate version 6.6.0.8 working. I always use the Ultimate,
    not the Express version which also comes with it.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;)

    Jane C, Jun 17, 2006

  3. msmarti58

    Chris Whelan Guest

    "msmarti58" <> wrote in message
    >I tried installing Nero 6 and it gave me a message "known to be unstable"
    >or something. I installed it anyway and it wiped out my icons for my cd rom
    >drive and my dvd rw drive and I couldn't access them. I didn't know how to
    >get them back and I reinstalled the operating system. I am leery now to try
    >to put any burning software on here. I have everything else working fine,
    >so, what is safe to install? I also have Cyberlink Power Director (have not
    >installed yet).
    >
    > Thanks

    6.6.0.14 working faultlessly here.

    Chris

    Chris Whelan, Jun 17, 2006
  4. msmarti58

    giorgio_pp Guest

    msmarti58 wrote:
    > I tried installing Nero 6 and it gave me a message "known to be unstable"

    Nero 6.6.0.18 works fine here....

    giorgio_pp, Jun 17, 2006
  5. msmarti58

    msmarti58 Guest

    "giorgio_pp" <> wrote in message
    > msmarti58 wrote:
    >> I tried installing Nero 6 and it gave me a message "known to be unstable"

    > Nero 6.6.0.18 works fine here....

    Okay I have Nero on and updated it, but does InCD work? I was afraid to load
    that on there, and the Easy Write.

    msmarti58, Jun 18, 2006
  6. InCD does not work in x64. It might in x86. InCD has been the most
    problematical of the modules in the suite. Try it for testing purposes and
    be prepared to uninstall it.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 18, 2006
  7. msmarti58

    Chad Harris Guest

    I had same experience on X86 with *InCD* as Colin. I tried several times
    and couldn't get it to work, but the rest of Nero 6.6 works fine.

    CH

    Chad Harris, Jun 18, 2006
  8. msmarti58

    msmarti58 Guest

    "Chad Harris" <> wrote in message
    >I had same experience on X86 with *InCD* as Colin. I tried several times
    >and couldn't get it to work, but the rest of Nero 6.6 works fine.

    Well, I installed it, and nothing dire happned. I haven't tried to actually
    WRITE anything to disc, but I can view my old discs, and that's good enough
    for now. Everything is working - granted, I decided to upgrade from 512 mb
    RAM to 1.2 gb, and upgraded to a GeForce 7800 GS. Before that, everything
    was SLOOOOOOwwwww. And buggy. Lots of hangs. Now I still get some hangs, but
    the system comes back afterwards. For me, it really does seem to have to do
    with RAM and a good soundcard. And a big hard drive. I tried to install it
    before on my 40 gb hard drive not realizing I needed much more than that,
    duh!

    Marti

    msmarti58, Jun 18, 2006
  9. msmarti58

    Chad Harris Guest

    Marti--

    To be effective in addressing some of the hangs, I would look up all the
    processes and services (diff in Vista) and end or turn off the ones that you
    don't need and there may be a sifnificiant number that start up. Also
    defrag regularly and run Defender and other spy scanners.

    Normally, I'd reflexly suggest running System File Checker but a number of
    us have experienced it can trash the Vista registry in its current state,
    with the Vista beta team gingerly recommending only use one switch, ect. so
    unless and until the appropriate Vista team fixes it, I'm backing off that
    recommendation for a while.

    Sounds like you've made some very beneficial improvements to your setup.

    Good luck--you can test burn something small quickly and see what happens.

    CH

    Chad Harris, Jun 18, 2006
  10. msmarti58

    Guest Guest

    I tried to install 6.6.0.5, but it gave me the compatibility warning. So I
    figured I'd listen to it... mainly because I'm lazy and didn't want to try
    and fix it. My question to you is: Did you get the warning aswell? And which
    version of Vista are you running?

    I'm running Vista 64bit Ultimate RC1 Build 5600.

    Guest, Sep 11, 2006
  11. msmarti58

    Guest, Sep 11, 2006
  12. msmarti58

    Guest, Sep 11, 2006
  13. msmarti58

    Guest Guest

    Has anyone tried 6.6.1.4?

    Guest, Sep 11, 2006
  14. msmarti58

    Guest Guest

    Has anyone tried 6.6.1.4?

    Guest, Sep 11, 2006
  15. msmarti58

    Guest Guest

    Has anyone tried 6.6.1.4?

    Guest, Sep 11, 2006
  16. msmarti58

    Jane C Guest

    That must have been when running 5384 ;)

    RC1 5600 x64 and x86 now. Nero 6.6.1.4. Use the full Burning ROM, and
    avoid StartSmart.

    Jane C, Sep 11, 2006
  17. msmarti58

    Jane C Guest

    6.6.1.4 installed on both x64 and x86 RC1. Avoid StartSmart, use full
    Burning ROM option. Not yet tested Express.

    Jane C, Sep 11, 2006
  18. msmarti58

    Guest Guest

    I just installed it, it seems to be working okay. Burning a DVD Movie right
    now.

    Guest, Sep 11, 2006
  19. msmarti58

    Guest, Sep 11, 2006