    HOME would be most appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Jeff

    Jeff, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Jeff

    DDT Guest

    Hi Jeff:
    Just a suggestion:
    If it is Windows 2000 , try to change the "domain name"
    in the logon dialog, it is the 3rd edit box in the dialog,then
    you can Enter the name:Administrator,password:
    Have a try and tell me the result!

    DDT, Jul 19, 2003

  3. Jeff

    DDT, Jul 19, 2003
  4. Jeff

    scoobie

    Joined:
    May 2, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    i am also having the same problem. i took my laptop which is windows 2k out of the domain and put it on a workgroup - HOME. when i rebooted the machine i could not log on, it kept saying check username and password. also i dont have the option to enter a domain or log into this computer. the only boxes i have are for the username and password. i also dont have a local user account.

    i ran a program languard and it was showing that when laptop was at the login screen it had an ip address. i was thinking of trying to remotely access the registry and try change it back to the domain. does anyone know what parameters i need to set or look for.

    also is it possible to create a local account from the regedit.

    thanks in advanced for the assistance.

    scoobie.

    scoobie, May 2, 2007