Windows XP need help in details of windows

Reaction score
i need to know the differences and similarities among windows 95,windows 2000 and windows xp based on the following aspect:
-features
-tools
-process management
-process scheduling
-memory management
-file management
-security & protection
i really hope that anyone whos expect in windows could kindly help me out,thankyou.:bow:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Poh

Well, it’s my opinion that 95 should not feature on the list and I would also leave off any 9x series of OS. None of them would meet the criteria of security & protection.

There is little to differentiate between 2000 & XP but XP has one edge over 2000 … it can play more games. Win2000 is based on NT4 (they just changed the name) XP is NT5

Here are some facts that favour XP

I'll leave you with this quote...

Windows XP is the first “personal” operating system Microsoft has come out with in quite a while that completely sheds the notoriously cantankerous Windows 95 code base. Based entirely on the Windows NT code, which was aimed at downtime-sensitive network applications right from the start, XP should reverse Windows’ reputation for unreliability.

“They [Microsoft software engineers] have been working hard to improve reliability,” Laney reports. “In the first three months I had the latest XP release, I had only on crash, and XP warned me about it ahead of time.”

It seems that Microsoft has worked very hard with third-party software and hardware vendors to make sure that anything that worked with Windows 95/98, as well as with NT/2000, will also work with Windows XP.

Mucks ;)

Ask a Question