    Can anyone recommend something that works for both Vista and XP?

    Please advise

    Bikini Browser

    Bikini Browser, Feb 19, 2009

  2. WinDirStat:
    http://windirstat.info/
    http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/easily-track-disk-space-usage-using-windirstat/

    --
    Regards,

    The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

    Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP, Feb 19, 2009

  3. From https://www.perfectdisklive.com/secure/pdlive/help/Glossary.htm

    Excluded Files - PerfectDisk treats any space that cannot be accessed as
    excluded. The reason a file is excluded is listed on the Excluded File tab
    of the Statistics Notebook. The possible reasons are:

    a.. Metadata File - operating system files including the MFT.

    b.. Accessed Denied - the file is opened for exclusive access by another
    process such as the Pagefile or Hibernate file.

    c.. Excluded - the file has been manually excluded by the user. This is
    accomplished by excluding a file/folder in the Drive Properties Notebook,
    Excluded Files tab.

    Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP, Feb 23, 2009