    remove this nasty message from popping up on occassions?
    defender has identified this icon and i chose to not allow it to run in
    actions, but it does no good. help please

    Guest, Nov 19, 2007

    You still have spyware/malware. Since Windows Defender can't cut the mustard,
    try free version of SuperAntiSpyware at superantispyware.com. Install,
    update definitions and run a full scan. I have been very successfull using
    this product and others in this newsgroup use it as well.

    Guest, Nov 19, 2007

    Hello Jerry,

    Report a possible spyware problem to Microsoft
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/support/reportspyware.mspx

    Can you follow the spyware submission instructions in the help to make sure
    WD have your samples if you still have them?
    -

    Additional info: Doesn't hurt to try Mr Cat's recommendation first.

    Smell like Smithfraud.

    Scan Your Computer With the F-Secure Online Virus Scanner
    http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/olsbeta.shtml

    Also have a look to this URLs provided by Dave M.

    http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Introduction
    - - ---

    http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Overview
    -- - - -

    - -- --

    Let us know how it works ºut.
    - -- ---

    LEARNING
    The nation that has the schools has the future.—Bismarck

    Guest, Nov 19, 2007

    Robinb Guest

    ditto

    Robinb, Nov 20, 2007

    I tried the superantispyware free edition, it found a lot of stuff which was
    quarantined but the nasty system alert msg continues to pop up and request
    for me to click on it and direct me to the commercial site for advanced
    products to remove these problem.

    im not much into systems, but i cant figure out how its so difficult to
    remove a program causing this and residing on the task bar. thanks for the
    help.

    Guest, Nov 20, 2007

    Robinb Guest

    try going to the superantispyware forums, you will have to sign up but they
    have great people there that might just help you out.
    also try installing avg antispyware (free version)
    and run that and see if it removes it, if not again go to superantispyware
    forums and ask there
    robin

    Robinb, Nov 21, 2007

    Alan D Guest

    "jerry_ys" wrote
    >I tried the superantispyware free edition, it found a lot of stuff which
    >was
    > quarantined but the nasty system alert msg continues to pop up

    Have you tried scanning with Superantispyware in Safe mode? Worth a shot.

    Alan D, Nov 21, 2007