Named Range for X Axis Labels?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Charting' started by mikelee101, May 26, 2004.

  1. mikelee101

    mikelee101 Guest

    Hello,
    I'm trying to generate a line chart using data from two
    named ranges; "Date" and "Revenue"

    In the Source Data dialog box, I can enter the following
    in the Data Range field:

    =Date,Revenue

    and it accepts it. Then I go to the Series tab and
    remove Date from the series window (so it won't be
    graphed). Then I attempt to enter the following in the
    Category (X) axis labels field:

    =Date

    I get an error that says "The formula you entered
    contains an error." When I try it without the equal
    sign, I get the word "Date" as the first X Axis label,
    and then blank tick marks. I also tried renaming the
    range "Date.column" in case it was confusing the range
    name with the Date() worksheet function, but that didn't
    help either.

    Does anyone know if there is a way to specify a named
    range in the X-Axis labels field?

    Thanks very much.

    Mike

    mikelee101, May 26, 2004

  2. mikelee101

    DDM Guest

    Mike, try this syntax:

    =Filename.xls!RangeName

    --
    DDM
    "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks"
    Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com

    DDM, May 27, 2004

  3. mikelee101

    Mike Lee Guest