Name that game Strategy Game!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest gamer out there, and I do like HL2/FarCry etc... but I don't read many gaming mags anymore.

I'm trying to find a new strategy game to keep me occupied, something like C&C Zero Hour but new ;) I've tried Rome : Total War, and it was OK but didn't float my boat.

Are there any new strategy games you can recommend?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Ground Control 2 is better than C&C Genrals/Zero hour in my opinion, definatly worth a rip.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm taking a look at their main site now to find out a bit more, cheers Reefy!

Reaction score
There is a new zelda game comming out if your willing to wait unitl 11/1/05 . "In 2005, Link will be let loose on a new and exciting Nintendo GameCube excursion to fight evil and seek treasure."
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243453.asp

Attachments

• 243453-mock.jpg
    243453-mock.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 271

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Hmm.. Raje.... that has nothing to do with the topic :D
on a lighter note, i am REALLY looking forward to the New Legend of Zelda!!! :) for any one who saw the GC tech demo of Link fightinh Ganon back when the cube was released, Wind Waker didnt cut it. Cant wait! :D

back to Ian, I highly suggest Rise of Nations (along with expansion, which i have to get) A really really good game (i think it is), check it out.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I love total annihilation, but I've played it too much ;) Red Alert (original) I haven't tried in years though so I will give it a go :)

Alf, I've been recommended RoN before, but I haven't tried that yet - I'll see if I can get a demo from the net!

Reaction score
Hmmmmm Ian if your looking for soemthing like C&C theres a old school game Starcraft something in that nature.. And theres another game i reccomend kinda older also its called Sudden Strike theres a expansion too. But you dont build your units you just get reinforments.

Reaction score
The best bit is building bases and defending them :p

Buy a copy of Red Alert 2 from eBay or Amazon - i think they are going for something stupid like £2.50 - dirt cheap, and RA2 is an awesome game - i just got hooked to it the other day!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
CSUnited14 said:
Hmmmmm Ian if your looking for soemthing like C&C theres a old school game Starcraft something in that nature.. And theres another game i reccomend kinda older also its called Sudden Strike theres a expansion too. But you dont build your units you just get reinforments.

Thanks :) I'll add those to the list too! I'm going to go to blockbusters at the weekend as they have a good used game section - many oldies are only a couple of quid!

Chris, I've got RA2 but I've played it too much ;) Playing on Aftermath now though and thats good fun, although scrolls too fast on my PC.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Theres an option to slow it RIIIGHT down - its in options menu.

Chris

Didn't see that, cheers :D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
ian have you tried the Yuri's revenge expansion pack for RA2 ?

Ask a Question