    ...why is that?

    --
    ....scribble...scribble...scribble...

    Guest, Aug 31, 2007

    JS Guest

    Windows compresses files and folders (NTFS partition) that are not accessed
    very often, explorer shows these files/folders in blue.

    Compression can be turned on or off on a folder by folder basis.
    Just select a folder, right click and select Properties, General Tab,
    Advanced Button.
    In the Advanced Attributes window you will find the Compress options near
    the bottom.
    Check or Un-check the Compress contents option.

    Also when in Explorer select: Tools, Folder Options, View, Advanced settings
    to see options related to colors.

    How To Use File Compression in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307987

    JS

    JS, Aug 31, 2007

    Re: MyComputer and Drive C: are written in bright blue letters - w

    Hi JS, thankyou for your reply. I have Farstones Virual Drive Pro 11.5
    installed and I am making virtual cds and installing games from those cds and
    it is in Virtual
    Drive Pro that I see Computer and DriveC: are written in bright blue
    letters. This is a new reinstallaton of Windows XP Home Edition so I am
    surprised that there would be compressed files or folders already.

    Guest, Aug 31, 2007

    JS Guest

    Re: MyComputer and Drive C: are written in bright blue letters - w

    I've seen restore CD's from vendors that (even with a new drive) when
    completed have some folders compressed. Are all your folders in blue or just
    some and if so which ones?

    JS

    JS, Aug 31, 2007

    Re: MyComputer and Drive C: are written in bright blue letters - w

    Hi and thankyou for following up...
    ...there are only a few folders or are they files highlighted in bright
    blue.
    You may like to know I had the Page File on a 10Gb partition and the XP
    Home Edition operating system on a 10GB partition and 2 other larger
    partitions, one for games and the other for backup files.
    Tonight the computer would not boot so I reloaded the bios defaults, I
    could only try this, and when Windows restarted it had shifted the page file
    back to the C: drive. In the Defragmenter Utility where it would have shown
    the page file as the Yellow color it is now blue but there are no files or
    folders in that paartition...

    I thought you may be interested in this.
    Also if you like, have a look for my post tonight in the Windows XP
    Hardware Newsgroup, you may find that rather interesting also and there may
    be a relationship between these 2 problems I have had....

    Guest, Sep 1, 2007