My Sony Alpha 200 dSLR Camera

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's sweet, I love it to bits, have remastered the intricacies of SLR and I've only had it 2 days. :nod:

Been hankering for one of these beauties for awhile, so I treated myself as a get-out-hospital present.

Why the Sony and not one of the "others" was quite an easy decision ... in camera body stabilisation ... Super SteadyShot, as Sony call it, built into the camera body to combat picture blur ... you can use any Alpha lens and with Sony's take over of Minolta a few years ago, the lens selection becomes phenomenal.

I think Sony goofed on PQ, the picture quality doesn't require you to do much if any editing/processing ... shoot & print if you like. Controls are very intuitive, maybe a bit simplistic to the professional, this camera is squarely aimed at the entry level, especially beginner, to dSLR photography ... even someone like me. ;)

I've put some picks up on Google ... http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/muckshifter ... the smaller album is of shots taken with my Fuji, a bit unfair as they were taken in summer. I wasn't trying, was just clickin and playing. Had fun though.

Only have the one "kit" lens, the DT 18-70mm f3.5-5.6, won't be long before I add a nice Tamron AF 70-300mm Telephoto Lens to the collection. Gotta get closer to the birds. :D

If anyone is contemplating a move over to a dSLR and are being put off by the "complicated, nice BIG camera" then this is one you should take a long hard look at ... it is meant for that crowd ... but I found it can be more. With the great Auto mode ;) , AutoFocus, and excellent image quality, it should help instill some confidence to new users of a DSLR afraid to make the jump initially.

Can't wait for the bloody rain to stop ... :lol:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nice shots Muck's..:nod:

Specially like the shots of Mr Robin in the woods and the Contorted Willow..

Keep shootin won't ya..:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have read lots of good things about the Sony Alpha 200, general view is that it's the best beginner's DSLR by far :thumb:

Enjoy your new toy mate :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Them close up pics are very nice indeed.

happywave.gif

muckshifter

Reaction score
Thanks for that Abarbarian ...

I'll be sticking with Flickr for the time, I can do that all & some ... got a Pro account free as I with BT/Yahoo as my ISP ... Flickr has an up-loader which while slow, most will be due to the upload speed of their ISP, however, I can stack the uploads and go shopping or do something else. :D

Uploaded a few hundred pics yesterday.
laughingsmiley.gif

Flickr has quite a few advantages over most, if not all the others, if not because of the shear amount of details & versatility it offers. Is even better than Picasa. ;)

I'm committed now anyway ... I also like it. :thumb:

Anyone find any others, feel free to post ... the more choices the better.
nod.gif

user.gif

oh, I like your pics ...
nod.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks . Me pics would have been better if I had not accidentally turned of the zoom stabilization feature on the camera.

At least I know what the button does now.
laughingsmiley.gif

Those pics of yours are really pin point clear. Very yummy.

nod.gif

muckshifter

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Thanks . Me pics would have been better if I had not accidentally turned of the zoom stabilization feature on the camera.

At least I know what the button does now.
laughingsmiley.gif

Those pics of yours are really pin point clear. Very yummy.

nod.gif
Thanks ... but that has a lot to do camera, I can't see too well these days ... but I can see when the focus meter points, anyone of nine, are lit, plus a honeycomb of fifty in the focal area, or, as with birdie pics, I can quickly, very quickly, change to spot metering ... always aim for the eye of the bird ... can't wait for me looong lens, need to err, save for a wee while. ;)

At least auto-focus works exceptionally well on this Sony

Next month, I hope to get me new lens ... :D

user.gif

Ask a Question