My Overclockers experience....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yesterday i decided to buy a set of the Razer Barracuda HP-1 headphones. The reason is because my Medusa's are 'open' meaning the back of the phones are only a grill so the sound escapes out of them very easily and the other half is not a fan.....:rolleyes:

So got them this morning (I got the day off already so is a bit of a bonus) I opened the box to find them nicely packaged in the box with that damn blister packaging. So when and grabbed a pair of scissors, a knife and chainsaw in readiness to try and get into it, What did i find......They were already open! On closer inspection i see that the have been used and sent back!!! This is a £100 set of cans!! I was not impressed....:mad:

Decided to try them anyway, Surprise surprise they were fooked.... one side didn't work.... :(

So i phoned up the support line and told them they were open and didn't work, got an RMA right there and then. So thats good i guess. But why the hell was i sent a pair of headphones that were broken and repackaged in the first place?? Well the guy on the phone didn't have a clue why.

So, good service regarding the RMA, (This is the first time i have ever had to RMA anything from them) BUT, i should never had to get one in the first place should i??
wallbash.gif

Hmmmmm, will this put me off buying from OCUK again? Honestly i dunno, maybe i'll think twice about it if nothing else. :(

Attachments

• Razers.jpg
    Razers.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very disappointing to hear that they've sent opened, returned and faulty goods :( Let us know how they deal with it from this point onwards!

How does their RMA proceedure work, do you have to get your headphones picked up then new ones send once they get the old ones back?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I got to send them back, they emailed a returns label for me to put on the box. I asked if i should be paying the cost to return it and after a bit of umming and ahing the guys said sorry but yes....I'll just send them from work. ;)

Oh and i am getting a refund, i wasn't overly impressed with them anyway to be honest, at £100 they should sound superb, admittedly only one earpiece was working but i could tell from the one that was the bass was woeful.....The Medusas at half the price wee all over them in regards to sound quality.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just seen the photo now, did they arrive like that? :eek: And you have to pay for return postage? Ask for a 10% discount on the proper pair :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well they were in a box, but the packaging does look a little beat up dont it?

I decided ill stick with the Medusa's now tbh, loud (outside) as they are, the sound quality is great! Also the connection is much better. I got the amp box that comes with the 'home version' so i can plug the speakers into them and the signal just 'passes through' if i want to use them. That means on messing about.
With the Razers you get that stupid connector (Looks like a DVI cable, for use if you have the matching sound card) that you plug into the adaptor for using on the normal connections.

Reaction score
Can you get a cheap version of the medusas without the box?

I aready have the box and all the connectors but my sister broke my headset, and having doubt cables could be very annoying?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not sure mate, i'll keep my eyes open for you. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
OCUK seem to constantly change their policies.

When I rma'd a vid card about two years ago, they actually offered to pay return postage and reimbursed my credit card for postage without me actually asking.

It would seem things have changed :(

Bummer about the headphones.

It seems to me that some mail order companies don't bother to check returns.

They must figure 'The guy we sent them to was a dork, we'll send 'em to somebody else, they may be a little brighter and make 'em work.

'If we don't get a return, we were right, and that is the most likely thing to happen'

What these idiots don't realise is that most folks who order online are actually quite savvy.

The first time a supplier - and that includes OCUK - mess me about, they're gone for life.

I do actually apply that rule to 3 online suppliers already

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
A bit of a late post on this, but regarding OCUK charging making you pay return carriage charge. The following is taken from the Distance Selling Regulations 2000;
< The business is not entitled to charge for recovery of the goods if the consumer also has a statutory right to cancel the contract under other legislation, (for example because they are defective) or if the term requiring the consumer to return the goods is an ‘‘unfair term’’ within the meaning of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts (Amendment) >

Covenant

Reaction score
Overclockers UK - Bad Service

Hi,
My experience of this firm is definitely poor.

I bought an Asrock m/b from them and ordered memory, at first I ordered 2Gb of Geil DDR2, but realised in the first 30mins that I had ordered the wrong part, so rang the sales to explain. They recommended buying Crucial Ballisitix, which I did.
When it arrived I found out it's incompatible with the motherboard - their "tech support" basically told me to 'swivel' - that their advice is only a recomendation and is not binding, so their idea was for me to throw the memory away and buy more.
I don't think this is how reputable firms are supposed to act, I definitely won't shop there again and I will tell everyone I can of this experience

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well as you may know from another thread, i built a new system from parts purchased from OCUK, the mb died after a week, got an RMA on the phone and new board in a few days.

Still never had a problem with ocuk other that the headphones that were already opened as above.

Reaction score
Hi :)

My self my Dad and my Brother buy from OCsUK and must say we have never had a problem.

Reaction score
Overclockers - Bad Service

Interestingly, since I posted this about OCUK, I found 3 guys who I sit near in work who have all had bad experiences of OCUK.

As I said, I definitely won't shop there again and I'll tell as many people as I can about this - given the amount of shops out there I have plenty of choice, whereas the more people they brass off, the smaller their market gets.
Also Citizens advice are now helping me to bring these guys to order.

Grabbit

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Grabbit ... it has been proven scientifically that, people who have a bad experience will tell as many people that will listen their story. Those who have good experience, will only tell a few people.

We here at PCReview like to hear both sides and will not gag anybody who produce the facts to back-up their point of view. We will, however, jump on anyone who point blank tries to slander a company without any facts to back up their point.

You are more than welcome to fill us in on your experience with OCUK ... just keep it factual and not slanderous. :thumb:

I'm not getting at you personally, just reminding all our readers that we will not tolerate any slanderous remarks.

user.gif

Reaction score
Hi Muckshifter,

I agree with your comments, however none of mine are slanderous, I can back up everything I said and stand by my opinion.

Grabbit

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
grabitanrun said:
Hi Muckshifter,

I agree with your comments, however none of mine are slanderous, I can back up everything I said and stand by my opinion.

Grabbit
No, I agree and I wasn't singling you out ... but, we do have a lot of "hits" to these posts and I am merely pointing out to other readers our stance on the subject.

We try to be impartial and unbiased ... but we need to stay within the law also. :thumb:

You should see some of the other posts ... ;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I've had one poor customer service experience as reported HERE - but they came good in the end.

Other than that, I have bought £K's worth of stuff from them over the years without problem :thumb:

Its a shame some CS staff don't seem to realise how their response and actions when things go wrong can influence customers future purchasing decisions and in the end cost their own company money.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, I'm with Mucks here, I was thinking about replying to this thread myself.

Let's put it this way.

If an established Forum member, somebody we have come to 'know', passes comment, good or bad, about a supplier, we listen.

If a stranger arrives out of the blue and on their first few posts slags off a supplier, we're suspicious.

THere's nowt like putting a rival company down to gain a few extra sales, is there?

OCUK aren't perfect. There aren't many online suppliers who are (except maybe Kustom PC's & Chillblast, but they charge realistic prices) but all of my experiences with OCUK have been mostly positive, including a 3 day RMA turnaround on a £200.00 video card.

So, Mr Grab It And Run, no more posts slagging off this supplier until you've established yourself here.

Sorry, but any future posts demeaning this supplier will be deleted.

However, if you want to post elsewhere, prove yourself to be genuine and part of this community, we'll listen to your grievances with a sympathetic ear.

I am NOT promoting OCUK, merely looking at this thing from an impartial point of view.

The ball is in your court my son :)

Ask a Question