    panel it didnt work ... i also tried in Tweak UI, same thing ... anybody
    knows the normal sensitivity or speed for the left click?
    thanks .

    Guest, Mar 13, 2006

    Kerry Brown Guest

    elietabet wrote:
    > I am not sure why this is happening ... but my mouse left click is
    > too fast; if clicking back in IE, it goes back 2 pages ... now i am
    > not stupid in computers but i cant seem to figure it out, i tried to
    > change it in control panel it didnt work ... i also tried in Tweak
    > UI, same thing ... anybody knows the normal sensitivity or speed for
    > the left click?
    > thanks .

    If you are talking about a single click then it is probably the switch on
    the mouse. Have you tried a different mouse?

    Kerry

    Kerry Brown, Mar 14, 2006

    R. McCarty Guest

    You might want to check and see if Tweak-UI's "Detect Accidental
    Double-Clicks (in Explorer category) is enabled. To more finely tune
    the mouse options you should download the mouse vendor software.
    Even if the mouse isn't a Microsoft brand, Intellipoint software has a
    few additional settings that might help you out.
    Direct download link to Intellipoint Version 5.5:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/A/D/4AD6E2D9-0DE0-48A8-9F22-A2B49F5ABED5/IP55_32Eng.exe

    R. McCarty, Mar 14, 2006

    xubomber Guest

    If it's not the double-click speed setting in the control panel, i
    could be that your mouse itself is broken. Try swapping in
    different mouse (if possible) and seeing if that fixes it, if not
    then try checking mouse drivers. Most likely it's a malfunctionin
    mouse though

    xubomber, Mar 14, 2006

    thanks guys .. i will probably try a new mouse, it could be ... thanks.

    Guest, Mar 14, 2006

    Kerry Brown Guest

    elietabet wrote:
    > thanks guys .. i will probably try a new mouse, it could be ...
    > thanks.
    >
    > "xubomber" wrote:
    >
    >> If it's not the double-click speed setting in the control panel, it
    >> could be that your mouse itself is broken. Try swapping in a
    >> different mouse (if possible) and seeing if that fixes it, if not,
    >> then try checking mouse drivers. Most likely it's a malfunctioning
    >> mouse though.

    Before spending the money check out R. McCarty's post about TweakUI.

    Kerry

    Kerry Brown, Mar 14, 2006

    Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0A USB /PS2 Compatible
    p/n X800495-119 PID 70000 – OEM – 0433121-0 0603

    I have a couple people with the same mice having the same problem. Their
    left mouse clicking is “not workingâ€. It might be broken. I took the usb
    mouse and plugged it into another "known good" computer that has NEVER had
    this mouse before. I have currently a Microsoft Optical USB / PS2 mouse in
    it, with USB. I was able to get the “OTHER PC†mouse to replicate the
    problems. I need to click and hold for one Miss-iss-ipp-I and then it will
    work. It is almost a full second to click instead of BAM, double click. I
    updated to the latest x64 bit drivers for Microsoft Mouse, 6.2 I believe and
    restarted. I am on a Windows XP x64 Pro SP2 (all updates) I reset all mouse
    features to DEFAULT. I also removed the mouse and plugged in another mouse,
    we purchased a bunch of these Optical mice and tried a known good one, and NO
    PROBLEM with the left mouse clicking.
    Strange, as I am able to get the curser to move within this paragraph but
    not select. I do though have to press and HOLD down a for a full
    one-one-thousand and then it will click. If I just click and go, it doesn’t
    work. It is the type of clicking when you are going slow and being sure that
    the mouse has moved to a location. I can not get it to double click by going
    SLOW or going EXTREMELY fast. I tried to put the mouse like a trigger and
    get it to open that way, by pressing extremely fast to get the “My Computerâ€
    icon on my desktop to open, but I could not get that to work. OK I just
    tried it and it did work, after I was extremely aggressive in clicking fast
    on it.

    I THINK I might need to buy a new mouse, but I have adjusted and downloaded,
    as I said, the latest Mouse software and still no luck. I have some new mice
    on order.

    Guest, Nov 12, 2007

    R. McCarty Guest

    Are the mice connected to a USB port/socket ? I'm seeing more &
    more cases of an overloaded USB Controller that causes clicks and
    motion delays. Most USB mice are USB1.1 so they are sensitive to
    which Controller/Hub they are served by. If the mouse plug has a
    PS2 converter module, I'd try using the Mouse on the PS2 port instead
    of USB. I'd also use the Mouse applet in Control Panel to lower the
    registration speed for detecting mouse clicks. The option is found on
    the Buttons (TAB) of mouse properties, "Double-Click Speed". Try
    moving the sensitivity slider slightly to the Left <--.

    R. McCarty, Nov 12, 2007

    Unknown Guest

    Cordless mouse? Did you try changing battery? Did you reposition receiver?
    (part that plugs into USB)

    Unknown, Nov 12, 2007

    cheydgal Guest

    My mouse won't work

    My mouse is not working at all. I had some other problems with my computer,
    and believe it may not be seeing the (USB?) port, but don't know for sure,
    and don't know how to find out.

    cheydgal, Oct 23, 2008
  11. Re: My mouse won't work

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:54:01 -0700, cheydgal
    <> wrote:

    > My mouse is not working at all. I had some other problems with my computer,

    Exactly what other problems? What's the state of those problems? If
    they were resolved, exactly what did you do to resolve them?

    When did the mouse fail? What did you do just before that?

    The first thing to check is that the mouse is securely plugged in. If
    that's OK, the next thing I would try is borrowing another mouse from
    a friend and seeing if that works.

    > and believe it may not be seeing the (USB?) port, but don't know for sure,
    > and don't know how to find out.

    >"elietabet" wrote:

    >> I am not sure why this is happening ... but my mouse left click is too fast;
    >> if clicking back in IE, it goes back 2 pages ... now i am not stupid in

    Your problem is obviously completely different from one. In the
    future, if you want to post message her in one of these newsgroups,
    rather than replying to such an unrelated message, please start your
    own.

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, Oct 24, 2008
  12. Re: My mouse won't work

    "cheydgal" <> wrote in message
    > My mouse is not working at all. I had some other problems with my
    > computer,
    > and believe it may not be seeing the (USB?) port, but don't know for sure,
    > and don't know how to find out.

    I would try a different mouse, preferably in Safe Mode.

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Oct 24, 2008
  13. Re: My mouse won't work

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:05:05 -0700, "Ken Blake, MVP"
    <> wrote:

    > On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:54:01 -0700, cheydgal
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > My mouse is not working at all. I had some other problems with my computer,

    > Exactly what other problems? What's the state of those problems? If
    > they were resolved, exactly what did you do to resolve them?
    >
    > When did the mouse fail? What did you do just before that?
    >
    > The first thing to check is that the mouse is securely plugged in. If
    > that's OK, the next thing I would try is borrowing another mouse from
    > a friend and seeing if that works.
    >

    > > and believe it may not be seeing the (USB?) port, but don't know for sure,
    > > and don't know how to find out.

    > >"elietabet" wrote:

    > >> I am not sure why this is happening ... but my mouse left click is too fast;
    > >> if clicking back in IE, it goes back 2 pages ... now i am not stupid in

    > Your problem is obviously completely different from one.

    Sorry, missing word. That should be "...from that one."

    > In the
    > future, if you want to post message her in one of these newsgroups,

    And that should be "...post such a message here..."

    Sorry for the typos.

    Ken Blake, MVP, Oct 24, 2008

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Re: My mouse won't work

    cheydgal wrote:
    > My mouse is not working at all. I had some other problems with my computer,
    > and believe it may not be seeing the (USB?) port, but don't know for sure,
    > and don't know how to find out.
    >

    > "elietabet" wrote:
    >
    >> I am not sure why this is happening ... but my mouse left click is too fast;
    >> if clicking back in IE, it goes back 2 pages ... now i am not stupid in
    >> computers but i cant seem to figure it out, i tried to change it in control
    >> panel it didnt work ... i also tried in Tweak UI, same thing ... anybody
    >> knows the normal sensitivity or speed for the left click?
    >> thanks .

    If wireless, I'd check the batteries first.
    If not, I'd contact mouse vendor.
    If no joy, I'd replace it. Mice are cheap.

    Bill

    Bill Sharpe, Oct 24, 2008

    cheydgal Guest

    Re: My mouse won't work

    cheydgal, Oct 24, 2008

    cheydgal Guest

    Re: My mouse won't work

    I'm new at this, and am sorry if I posted incorrectly. I clicked "new," and
    typed my question where it put me. It is also a little difficult without a
    "point and click" device. I can't even get to some places, like the up &
    down arrows and scroll bar. I had to start a reply just to read your whole
    post. Anyway, thank you.

    As for "what other problems," first the ethernet card wasn't being
    recognized, then the computer wouldn't open Windows at all just a DOS type
    screen. I used "DEL to enter setup" then went through where I could and set
    a lot of things to "fail safe defaults" should have taken better notes, but
    got too tired...careless. Something worked, but the mouse never did come
    back on. I believe the problems started when granddaughter clicked on/off
    several times.

    cheydgal, Oct 24, 2008

    cheydgal Guest

    Re: My mouse won't work

    cheydgal, Oct 24, 2008
  18. Re: My mouse won't work

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:09:02 -0700, cheydgal
    <> wrote:

    > I'm new at this, and am sorry if I posted incorrectly. I clicked "new," and
    > typed my question where it put me. It is also a little difficult without a
    > "point and click" device. I can't even get to some places, like the up &
    > down arrows and scroll bar. I had to start a reply just to read your whole
    > post. Anyway, thank you.

    You're welcome. Glad to help.

    The reason you're having such problems is that you are using the awful
    web interface to read this newsgroup--it's the slowest, clunkiest,
    most error-prone method there is. Do yourself a favor and switch to a
    newsreader, such as Outlook Express, which comes with Windows. See

    > As for "what other problems," first the ethernet card wasn't being
    > recognized, then the computer wouldn't open Windows at all just a DOS type
    > screen. I used "DEL to enter setup" then went through where I could and set
    > a lot of things to "fail safe defaults" should have taken better notes, but
    > got too tired...careless. Something worked, but the mouse never did come
    > back on. I believe the problems started when granddaughter clicked on/off
    > several times.

    Thanks for the extra info. Did you try the two suggestions I made? If
    you can't find someone to borrow a mouse from, let me point out that
    most mice are very cheap, and if I were in your shoes, I'd just buy a
    new one.

    Ken Blake, MVP, Oct 24, 2008
  19. Re: My mouse won't work

    Use DEL and get into BIOS again. Go looking for entries about USB. Probably
    find one for Legacy USB.

    Each BIOS is different so read carefully when you are in there.

    Galen

    Galen Somerville, Oct 24, 2008