my laptop keeps on shutting down!

G

my brand new laptop keeps on switching off without warning. when i try to switch it on again it switches off. it is not the sasser virus, i have run a programme to check if it was and it wasn't detected. after a while, i am able to use the laptop again but a lot of the time it just shuts down after an hour or so. is it the computer, or is it windows? should i bring my laptop to get it fixed, or can i fix it myself?
thank you for your help!

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

You probably have a hardware-related issue. Contact the manufacturer
of your new laptop and request support assistance.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| my brand new laptop keeps on switching off without warning. when i try to switch it on again it switches
off. it is not the sasser virus, i have run a programme to check if it was and it wasn't detected. after a
while, i am able to use the laptop again but a lot of the time it just shuts down after an hour or so. is it
the computer, or is it windows? should i bring my laptop to get it fixed, or can i fix it myself?
| thank you for your help!

Ask a Question