    line?

    --
    RDI

    RDI, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Matthias Tacke, Oct 14, 2004

    Found another one: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html

    --
    Greetings_Matthias___________________________________________________
    Have a look at: XP> <hh.exe ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds_new_tools.htm>

    Matthias Tacke, Oct 17, 2004
  4. RDI

    charles Guest

    charles, Oct 17, 2004
  5. RDI

    RDI Guest

    I take it that there's not a DLL in Windows that does it? I had hoped to
    use rundll32.exe to do it from a command line--I didn't want to DL software
    to do it.

    RDI, Oct 19, 2004
  6. On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:00:32 -0400, RDI wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to mute (and un-mute) the speakers from the command
    > line?

    Found in:
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=4Ee5b.6329%24hE5.210452%40news1.tin.it>
    Save the following vbscript as "mute.vbs":

    set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    oShell.run"Sndvol32"
    WScript.Sleep 1500
    oShell.SendKeys"{TAB 2} "
    oShell.SendKeys"%{F4}"

    Run the script from the command line like this:
    cscript mute.vbs

    --
    Mark R. Blain, lid
    (change .INVALID to .NET to reply)