Multiple fonts in a VBA UserForm label (to make XL 95 form non-modal)

Anthony Berglas

I want to convert an XL 95 style form to a VBA user form so that it
can be non-modal. However, I also need to be able to have multiple
fonts within the label. Ie what could be done with DrawingObject|
Shape.Characters.Font.

I suspect that this is not possible in a relatively clean way.
AndyPope.info uses some code by Steve Bullen to make images out of
shapes cut to the clipboard using Win32 calls -- much black magic and
rather slow. There are also third party Active X controls, but that
would complicate my install -- 100% VBA is nice.

Any ideas most welcome.

Anthony

Jim Cone

Depending on exactly what you are trying to display,
multiple overlapping transparent labels could work.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Anthony Berglas" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I want to convert an XL 95 style form to a VBA user form so that it
can be non-modal. However, I also need to be able to have multiple
fonts within the label. Ie what could be done with DrawingObject|
Shape.Characters.Font.

I suspect that this is not possible in a relatively clean way.
AndyPope.info uses some code by Steve Bullen to make images out of
shapes cut to the clipboard using Win32 calls -- much black magic and
rather slow. There are also third party Active X controls, but that
would complicate my install -- 100% VBA is nice.
Any ideas most welcome.
Anthony

Anthony Berglas

Yes, I had thought of that. But I need a lot of font changes. And in
XL07 there is no good way to find the natural width of a string.

So I think that I am stuck with non-modal forms. Or non-colored
forms.

XL95 was pretty good!

Anthony