Mult formula cell displays "0", which formula created result?

Reveal which formula causing true result

I am using the same formula format in 64 cells, they all return the correct
results except for one. The format is identical, refferanced cells are
correct in ID and contents.

There is no explination why the results are different in this one instance,
I would like to see which of the eight "IF" formulas in the cell is coming up
true and therefore displaying this result so I can further trace possible
causes, but I can not find a way for the active formula it to show itself by
becoming highlighted (or something).

Mike H

Hi,

Wihout seeing either your data or your formula it's difficult but try this.
Put this if formula in a cell

=IF(A1=1,"one","Two")

Then in the formula bar highlight A1=1 and tap F9 and you will see whether
it is evaluating as TRUE ot FALSE. When you'e done this click the red cross.
It may be useful used on your formula,

Mike

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

One way to do what you want would be to set a break point on your first "IF"
statement (click in the left gray border next to the statement to highlight
it in red), run your code and single-step (press F8) through the code
watching it execute your code line-by-line. You can also print out the
contents of your variables in the Immediate window at any stage in the
process to see what is going on line-by-line.

Rick

"Reveal which formula causing true result" <Reveal which formula causing
news:[email protected]...

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

Ignore my posting... I thought I was still in the "programming" newsgroup
when I posted it.

Rick