Much Cheaper Traffic Calming Measures

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Traffic calming measures tend to be quite expensive to implement - speed bumps, chicanes et. but here's a way to do it in a much cheaper way. They are truly portable too so that when people get to know where they are they can be moved elsewhere.

Hole1.jpg

Hole2.jpg

Hole3.jpg

Neat. :D

I believe they are used in Israel. :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That actually looks quite clever! :D

One of the worst "traffic calming" areas around here, is in the car-park of our new hospital. :rolleyes: The bumps are very steep and narrow - not the "cushion shaped" sort. No matter how slowly you negotiate them, the darned things rattle your teeth! One of them, is positioned immediately at the exit of a tight left turn... it's impossible to hit it squarely, so heaven help anyone who happens to have a painful back or neck! Such good planning... not! :wall:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Traffic calming ... just let children play in the streets. :)

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Traffic calming measures tend to be quite expensive to implement...

Not here. A mild, wet winter is all it takes; water freezes, melts, freezes, melts... finally, water seeps through the pavement... et voilà!

1502%20tie%20katu%20kelirikko%20reik%C3%A4%20monttu.jpg

Tie_routavaurio_routa_halkeama_repeytym%C3%A4_asfaltti_asvaltti_painorajoitus.jpg

:p

Ask a Question