MSIServer missing from HKLM

notxe

I run XP SP3.
I get install error messages that say msiexec.exeis missing. Searching shows
it is in 5 places and \system 32.

According to Article ID 315346
MSIServer should be in HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services
but it is not! I have downloaded the latest version of Installer for SP3 but
to no avail.

How do I solve this problem?

notxe

--
notxe

notxe said:
I run XP SP3.
I get install error messages that say msiexec.exeis missing. Searching shows
it is in 5 places and \system 32.

According to Article ID 315346
MSIServer should be in HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services
but it is not! I have downloaded the latest version of Installer for SP3 but
to no avail.

How do I solve this problem?

Have now solved the problem by renaming exe and dll files and reinstalling .

Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
--
notxe

"notxe" wrote:

> I run XP SP3.
> I get install error messages that say msiexec.exeis missing. Searching shows
> it is in 5 places and \system 32.
>
> According to Article ID 315346
> MSIServer should be in HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services
> but it is not! I have downloaded the latest version of Installer for SP3 but
> to no avail.
>
> How do I solve this problem?
> --
> notxe

Have now solved the problem by renaming exe and dll files and reinstalling .

Mate, When I open HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services I also can't find the file MSIServer as I deleted it... Can you please reply and explain to me what I have to do to get this file back?