From: "Simon Lew" <[email protected]>
Subject: MSI Constantly REINSTALLING Access Runtime 2002
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:30:14 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.msi

Can anyone tell me why Access Runtime 2002 is re-installing itself everytime
a student launches an Access database? Runtime is currently installed under
Add/Remove programs yet it installs again.

It is configured to install in both the User and Computer configurations of
the Group Policy Software Settings/Software installation section.

Any tips would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Simon
---

Simon,

See "Every time I launch my application, Windows Installer performs an installation. How can I determine the cause of the
on-demand installation?" in the FAQ at

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/management/msi_faq.mspx

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.