    something that's not included in the dlls MS04-024 provides.

    Thanks,
    Alice

    Guest, Apr 20, 2005

    GeeB Guest

    Yea, MS didn't do a good job of explaining the MS04-037 not superseding
    MS04-024. To be clearer, this note is specific to NT Terminal Server Edition
    only, not other platforms. Additionally, it depends if Active Desktop was or
    was not installed on NTSE (an option originally part of IE 4).
    Take a look at this very detailed list of patches and see if this helps:

    http://townsendonemedia.com/bulletInBlue/Downloads/mspatches.xls

    GeeB, Apr 20, 2005

    "GeeB" wrote:

    > Yea, MS didn't do a good job of explaining the MS04-037 not superseding
    > MS04-024. To be clearer, this note is specific to NT Terminal Server Edition
    > only, not other platforms. Additionally, it depends if Active Desktop was or
    > was not installed on NTSE (an option originally part of IE 4).
    > Take a look at this very detailed list of patches and see if this helps:
    >
    > http://townsendonemedia.com/bulletInBlue/Downloads/mspatches.xls

    Thanks for the info and the link. Perhaps someone from Microsoft could
    comment on why, if MS04-024 *is* superseded by MS04-037 for Windows 2000, the
    security bulletin for MS04-037 doesn't mention MS04-024 at all in the FAQ
    "What updates does this release replace?" section?

    Alice

    PS. HFNetChk and HFNetChkPro both flag MS04-024 as missing on W2K, but this
    could be a mistake in the XML file.

    Guest, Apr 21, 2005