    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...1c9ff2&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

    RS123, Feb 14, 2010

  2. RS123

    hans malan Guest

    split screen

    I agree that MS Word should have both a vertical and horizontal split screen facility. I need to use and work on drafting and/ or editing two different documents simultaneously. I have to be able to save them each to its own file at completion. From present descriptions of the splitscreen facility it seems as if I may only be able to use different parts of one document in the split screens.

    Hoping to hear from you soon.

    hans malan, Sep 23, 2010

  3. RS123

    hans malan, Sep 23, 2010
  4. Re: split screen

    Open two documents, and size and position them (manually) as is most
    convenient.

    Peter T. Daniels, Sep 23, 2010
  5. Re: split screen

    If you have a recent version of Word use Window | New Window to open a copy
    of the same document. Then use Window | Compare Side by Side with... to
    arrange the two copies side by side. By default, they scroll synchronously,
    but if you disable synchronous scrolling (using the floating toolbar that
    will appear), you can look at different parts of the same document, drag
    text from one place to another, etc.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Sep 23, 2010
  6. RS123

    Jsand

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    To get a side by side split screen in MS Word after you have opened a document right click on "View" and a drop down menu will appear. Left click on "Frames". You can place the window to the right or to the left of the original. You can then work back and forth between the screens. You can even have several window screens this way.

    Jsand, Aug 15, 2012