    Any bright ideas?

    Many thanks,

    Tom.

    Guest, May 10, 2006

    Data > GetExternalData > CreateNewQuery

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    Guest, May 10, 2006

    I don't want the wizard, and I don't want to specify a database.
    Unfortunately, the options below don't exist in Excel 2002 and the
    alternatives won't take me into a bare MS Query with nothing launched.

    Any ideas?

    Many thanks,

    Tom.

    Guest, May 10, 2006

    Check your office directory (in my case C:\program files\Microsoft
    Office\Office11) for an application called MSQRY32.EXE, and double click on
    it. This should launch an empty instance of MS Query.

    Miguel.

    Guest, May 10, 2006

    Many thanks.

    I've stuck a shortcut on my desktop. That's exactly what I needed.

    Tom.

    Guest, May 10, 2006

    If you do Data > GetExternalData > CreateNewQuery > Select "ExcelFiles" > OK
    > then X out of the "Select Workbook" pop-up > this should leave you in the

    MSQuery window.......

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    Guest, May 10, 2006