MS Publisher/Word

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word New Users' started by turtill@hotmail.com, Oct 16, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Oct 16, 2006

  2. JoAnn Paules [MVP], Oct 16, 2006

    , Oct 16, 2006
  4. I can only assume it can be. I'm in the US but since one of my fellow
    Publisher MVPs is in the UK, I would think the answer is yes. (This also
    assumes you are talking about Pub 2003.)

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    ~~~~~
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

    JoAnn Paules [MVP], Oct 16, 2006

    On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:14:43 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
    <> wrote:

    >I can only assume it can be. I'm in the US but since one of my fellow
    >Publisher MVPs is in the UK, I would think the answer is yes. (This also
    >assumes you are talking about Pub 2003.)

    The reason I need it is to make a website. I do not understand HTML
    and that is what made me notice Word. I do have MS Front Page though
    so does it make any sense buying Pub 2003 as I presume I can write
    plain text and Front Page will turn it into HTML?
    pete

    --
    http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

    , Oct 16, 2006
  6. I do *not* recommend using Publisher for websites. Especially since you have
    FrontPage. That's like using a shoe to put a nail in a wall when you have a
    hammer.

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    ~~~~~

    JoAnn Paules [MVP], Oct 16, 2006

    , Oct 16, 2006
  8. Stan Brown Guest

    Mon, 16 Oct 2006 02:46:32 +0100 from <>:
    > The reason I need it is to make a website. I do not understand HTML
    > and that is what made me notice Word.

    You don't need Publisher to create bad HTML -- Word can do that on
    its own. :)

    Seriously, the folks at comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html will tell
    you that it's really best to learn some HTML. It's not that hard, and
    then your Web site will be viewable on all browsers, without anything
    in it that only MSIE can view. The folks in that newsgroup can
    recommend some tutorials that will get you going in under a day.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Oct 16, 2006
  9. Heck, I can think of a half dozen different programs that could be used to
    create bad HTML. ;-)

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]