MS Newgroups

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Discussion' started by Dave, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Scott -
    Not to butt in, but I was just working with another soul lost in the process
    of setting up a network. Reminded me of your comments the other day that
    you were doing something similar, but hadn't gotten into the MS Newsgroups
    area.

    Don't even think of trying to set up a network (or much else on a computer)
    without the Microsoft pros who answer your specific questions on the
    MSNewsgroup page. And it's free.

    If you try but can't find out how to get started/locate them , let me know.

    Again, didn't mean to butt in.

    Dave Burkhardt

    BTW - the Doorman quintet was very good this morning. The other 3 guys
    should be worried :)

    Dave

    Dave, Feb 26, 2006

  2. Dave

    Bob Phillips Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message

    > Don't even think of trying to set up a network (or much else on a

    computer)
    > without the Microsoft pros who answer your specific questions on the
    > MSNewsgroup page. And it's free.

    Very few are MS pros, most are totally independent of MS.

    Bob Phillips, Feb 26, 2006

  3. Dave

    Ken Wright Guest

    Like probably 99.9%

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    ------------------------------­------------------------------­----------------
    It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :)
    ------------------------------­------------------------------­----------------

    Ken Wright, Feb 26, 2006
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Well - I certainly screwed this up

    First - this was a personal message to a friend who is in way over his head
    trying to set up a network. Somehow I managed to be on the Newsgroup page
    when I hit the Send button. Anyway, I was just talking all you folks up -
    sorry if I got a few (most) of the details wrong.

    I was right about one thing, tho. He needs you guys (and gals) badly.
    I'll repost to him this time. You may just hear from 'Scott' again.

    Thanks all - we really appreciate your work - whatever the motivation

    Dave

    Dave, Feb 27, 2006
  5. Dave

    Ken Wright Guest

    LOL - No problem at all, and I'm sure everyone appreciates the comments.
    Hope he gets his network up and running :)

    Regards
    Ken.........................

    Ken Wright, Feb 27, 2006
  6. Dave

    Bob Phillips Guest

    Yeah, gave us a nice distraction :)

    --

    HTH

    Bob Phillips

    -----

    -----

    Bob Phillips, Feb 27, 2006
  7. Dave

    Bob Phillips Guest

    BTW who are the Doorman quintet?

    --

    HTH

    Bob Phillips

    Bob Phillips, Feb 27, 2006
  8. Lots of people have posted private messages to the newsgroup that they really
    didn't want to share with the world (right Ken? <vvbg>).

    Just be glad it wasn't a mean, vicious message--well, at least one you didn't
    want to share <bg>.

    Dave wrote:

    > Well - I certainly screwed this up
    >
    > First - this was a personal message to a friend who is in way over his head
    > trying to set up a network. Somehow I managed to be on the Newsgroup page
    > when I hit the Send button. Anyway, I was just talking all you folks up -
    > sorry if I got a few (most) of the details wrong.
    >
    > I was right about one thing, tho. He needs you guys (and gals) badly.
    > I'll repost to him this time. You may just hear from 'Scott' again.
    >
    > Thanks all - we really appreciate your work - whatever the motivation
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > "Ken Wright" <> wrote in message
    > > Like probably 99.9%
    > >
    > > --
    > > Regards
    > > Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel
    > > Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03
    > >
    > > ------------------------------­------------------------------­----------------
    > > It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :)
    > > ------------------------------­------------------------------­----------------
    > >

    > > "Bob Phillips" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Dave" <> wrote in message

    > >> computer)
    > >>
    > >> Very few are MS pros, most are totally independent of MS.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Feb 27, 2006
  9. Dave

    Ken Wright Guest

    Hi Bob - Burning the midnight oil as well?? :)

    Regards
    Ken....................

    Ken Wright, Feb 27, 2006
  10. Dave

    Ken Wright Guest

    rotflmao - I'm still trying to forget that one, but thank you so much for
    reminding me Dave <VBG>

    Regards
    Ken...............

    Ken Wright, Feb 28, 2006
  11. Dave

    Bob Phillips Guest

    Fraid so, got this security app to finish.

    --

    HTH

    Bob Phillips

    -

    -

    Bob Phillips, Feb 28, 2006
  12. Dave

    Bob Phillips Guest

    can we share?

    --

    HTH

    Bob Phillips

    ----

    ----

    Bob Phillips, Feb 28, 2006
  13. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thought you'd never ask - a semipro signing group in Door County Wisconsin
    (CD available - aren't you glad you asked)

    They have trouble getting a full quorum (8) sometimes, as in the referenced
    gig

    I'm the chief pilot - I could go on but it gets too personal :)

    Thanks everybody once again

    Dave

    Dave, Feb 28, 2006
  14. Someone (I ain't saying who) once posted a question about a password for private
    newsgroup. He may have given away the older out of date password (I don't
    actually recall the details).

    But I'm sure that person didn't mean to make it public in any case.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Feb 28, 2006
  15. Dave