Windows XP MS BCM - Business Contact Manager - My Data May Be Corrupt?Hi everyone

Reaction score
Hey, I have created this thread in the Outlook Newsgroup section of the site - seemed more appropriate - you can find it here... https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/forum-277.php
Sorry to mess you around - I'm new to this site..
Cheers
HugeDave
-------------------------------------------------

Hi all

I have been using MS Business Contact Manager since January - installed it over the holiday period. Overall, a usefull tool.

However, this week my whole Outlook/BCM system started to hang when I try to open an Opportunity Record. I can still open Accounts, Business Contacts, Run Reports etc. I just can't open Opportunity Records. I have tried to open them directly from the Opportuniies view, and as items linked from Accounts or Business COntacts records. Same result. I then have to use Task Manager to terminate the Outlook process as it os totally hung.

To make things worse, I tried to restore from Backup (I do back up every week) and the system tells me the restore fails, and gives me a huge error messsage.

I suspect it is corrupt data (how I will never know).

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this? I know thatBCM uses MSDE SQL, but I know nothing about working with databases.

BTW - XP Tablet Edition, Office 2003 Pro, Business Contact Manager 2.00.4324.00 all with updates and service packs loaded.

Cheers
HuegDave

Last edited:

Ask a Question