    development and testing, correct? Anyone have any recommendations for
    inexpensive hosts for single-person developers?

    Thanks in advance for any assistance!

    Neil, Nov 17, 2011

  2. Neil

    warfi Guest

    On Nov 17, 12:46 am, "Neil" <> wrote:
    > I've had several clients ask about putting their Access database on the web.
    > So I don't think I can put off the inevitable any longer: I'm going to have
    > to get up to speed on SharePoint - specifically as it relates to porting
    > Access 2010 dbs and linking the two.
    >
    > Any advice that anyone has would be much appreciated, including any booksor
    > other resources that might be helpful.
    >
    > Also, I imagine I'll have to purchase some SharePoint hosting for
    > development and testing, correct? Anyone have any recommendations for
    > inexpensive hosts for single-person developers?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any assistance!

    You will need to work with access services in SharePoint 2010. The
    configuration related information is available at:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee748653.aspx

    Some resources which give information on how to import the database
    are:
    http://sharepointmd.blogspot.com/2010/06/migrating-access-2010-database-to.html
    http://blog.fpweb.net/microsoft-access-2010-data-integration-with-hosted-sharepoint-foundation-2010/
    http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Access/Microsoft-Access-2010-Demo

    warfi, Nov 17, 2011

  3. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "warfi" <> wrote in message
    On Nov 17, 12:46 am, "Neil" <> wrote:
    > I've had several clients ask about putting their Access database on the
    > web.
    > So I don't think I can put off the inevitable any longer: I'm going to
    > have
    > to get up to speed on SharePoint - specifically as it relates to porting
    > Access 2010 dbs and linking the two.
    >
    > Any advice that anyone has would be much appreciated, including any books
    > or
    > other resources that might be helpful.
    >
    > Also, I imagine I'll have to purchase some SharePoint hosting for
    > development and testing, correct? Anyone have any recommendations for
    > inexpensive hosts for single-person developers?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any assistance!

    You will need to work with access services in SharePoint 2010. The
    configuration related information is available at:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee748653.aspx

    Some resources which give information on how to import the database
    are:
    http://sharepointmd.blogspot.com/2010/06/migrating-access-2010-database-to.html
    http://blog.fpweb.net/microsoft-access-2010-data-integration-with-hosted-sharepoint-foundation-2010/
    http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Access/Microsoft-Access-2010-Demo