    the old ones?

    thanks
    Claire

    Claire, Aug 30, 2007

  2. Hi,

    "Claire" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Im transferring a visual studio 2003 project to Visual Studio 2005.
    > The solution includes a windows installation project.
    > With 2003 creating the setup got complicated with the crystal reports part
    > and I had to include several merge projects plus obtain a license key.
    > Is it the same with 2005? Im recreating the setup from the bottom. I dont
    > think I found any merge files in 2005 directories. Should I point setup at
    > the old ones?

    Yes, it's the same thing.
    You need to include the merge modules needed and IIRC register the
    regwiz.msm

    In the CR website there is a document of how to deploy a 2005 solution. it
    shoudl be named something like CR_deployment 2005

    Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \), Aug 30, 2007

  3. Claire

    Claire Guest

    Thanks Ignacio :)

    Claire, Aug 30, 2007
  4. Claire

    Claire Guest

    I've just checked through, and it looks as if CR for 2005 doesnt require any
    merge modules if Im understanding the following correctly. Im just making a
    windows desktop application. I noticed there's a redistributable on my disk
    drive for x64 systems while searching for files.
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms227349(VS.80).aspx
    The article is confusing because it says take merge files out of the set up
    project. So I dont need to add any ?

    Claire

    "Ignacio Machin ( .NET/ C# MVP )" <machin TA laceupsolutions.com> wrote in
    message news:...

    Claire, Aug 30, 2007
  5. Hi,

    I still think you need some merge modules, take a look at
    http://www.willydev.net/descargas/WillyDEV_Deployment_Crystal2005.pdf

    Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \), Aug 30, 2007