    My computer is an AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 2.2GHz with 1.00GB of RAM. The
    operating system is Windows XP Home, Sp 3 with all updates.

    Can anyone help me?

    sdculp, Dec 7, 2009

  2. sdculp

    John Inzer Guest

    sdculp wrote:
    > I have not used Windows Movie Maker before, but I recently received a
    > short camcorder video in which the camera was rotated 90 degrees.
    > WMM seems to be the preferred method of rotating videos. The filewas
    > MOV and I converted it to MPG. I imported the MPG file into WMM, and
    > drug it into the timeline. However, if I try to do anything beyond
    > that the program locks up and also locks up the OS. The file won't
    > even play. A reboot is the only solution.
    >
    > WMM must be a part of the OS, since I can find no way to
    > delete/reinstall it.
    >
    > My computer is an AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 2.2GHz with 1.00GB of RAM. The
    > operating system is Windows XP Home, Sp 3 with all updates.
    >
    > Can anyone help me?

    ===============================
    As you have discovered....mov files are not
    compatible with Movie Maker and .mpg files
    cause issues also...

    Try converting the .mov file to the .wmv
    format before importing into Movie Maker.

    Many formats are reportedly compatible with
    Movie Maker but the most reliable choices are:

    Photos - bmp
    Video - wmv or dv-avi
    Music - wma, wav, wmv

    --

    J. Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Dec 7, 2009

  3. sdculp

    Hot-text Guest

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Import-video-from-a-videotape

    Remember all Video Editor need Free Space to work and Computer need Free
    Space run...
    if a Editor take up all Free Space the Computer will not run.....
    ...But delete/reinstall Windows Movie Maker will not work
    Now more RAM and Free Space will help

    Hot-text, Dec 8, 2009