mouse pointer messages

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000' started by Guest, Mar 13, 2004.

    Can I change the appearance of the little messages that pop up when I put my mouse pointer on certain buttons (such as the close and minimize buttons) or icons on the quick launch bar. If so, what do I do? Thanks.

    Guest, Mar 13, 2004

    Vance Green Guest

    Right-click any empty portion of Desktop>>Properties>>
    Appearance>>Item: Tool Tips

    Vance Green, Mar 14, 2004

    Vance: Thank you very much. My 88 year old mother had what she described as a "tail" following around her mouse pointer. I figured out that it was a background problem but I didn't know the little messages were called tool tips. She now thinks that I'm a genius. I appreciate your help

    mb

    Guest, Mar 14, 2004