Mouse mat needed ???

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Got any recomendations for a good mouse mat . Retail or home made . I'm using a MX700 optical mouse .

happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I got one of these a month ago and it's brilliant.

Comes in a bigger size and/or 4mm thickness as well. I got the 1.5mm thickness medium size.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That looks really nice Flops :thumb: ......But if you want to be really eccentric, Abarbarian, you could try what I've been using for the past 4 months, which is a sheet of Lakeland Limited's "Magic non-stick liner" my MX1000 laser mice are very happy with it. It's nice and "whizzy" for gaming etc. (And it lasts for ages.)
:lol: :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I got one of these a month ago and it's brilliant.

Comes in a bigger size and/or 4mm thickness as well. I got the 1.5mm thickness medium size.
I used to have one of them but the feet on my G7 left a shiney mark on the mat and after a while the mouse wouldn't 'go off' had to move it off the marks, the lazer kept thinking the mouse was moving! :confused:

I now have an Everglide Titan Gaming mat its great! Very slick.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
I used to have one of them but the feet on my G7 left a shiney mark on the mat and after a while the mouse wouldn't 'go off' had to move it off the marks, the lazer kept thinking the mouse was moving! :confused:

I now have an Everglide Titan Gaming mat its great! Very slick.

Aha - since I repaired my G7 (there's a thread on it somewhere) it doesn't have the original feet but has six of those teflon pads that came with the BFG 8800GTS.

So no probs in that respect :thumb:

I'm still waiting for the G7 to crap out on me but it keeps going :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah yes, forgot about that.

Good choice Big Jay. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What's the size of that Everglide then? Including thickness? Cos I was thinking about getting another for a different machine.

Gotta say though that the Q-Pad I have is the best mousemat I've ever had.

Damn..... I really ain't doing too well lately am I?

Wrong mousemat, wrong soundcard, wrong phone..... :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hey no worries flops, you like the sound of your sound card, so i see no problem. :thumb:

Nothing wrong with te Qpad, i blame the feet on the G7, but as you say your ok there. :)

The Titan gamer pad is 355x254x4mm Here

What phone did you get?

:)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Reaction score
I bought one called a steelpad or something but it had a bumpy surface so the laser didn't track properly and it ruined the slidy teflon feet things.

Worst mousemat ever.

I now don't use one at all.

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Thanks guys .
Funnily enough when I googled "gaming mats" Lakeland Plastics were at the top of the list ha ha ha .
Was looking at these but no one here seems to have one .

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=1

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=455

They are all just a bit spensive for me at the moment so I might just bike down the road and get some bakeing liner . So thanks for the reminder TaffyCat .

:thumb:

Bit late on this thread and I haven't read it all, but I've tried loads of pads and would always recommend S&S Steelpad - especially for optical mice and anything in the Logitech stable.

Ask a Question