    my mouse and keyboard activities are suspended after POST. i need to
    know whether it needs a BIOS uprade so i'll know the next step to take

    , Dec 23, 2006

  2. daytripper Guest

    On 23 Dec 2006 08:13:12 -0800, wrote:

    >my mouse and keyboard activities are suspended after POST. i need to
    >know whether it needs a BIOS uprade so i'll know the next step to take

    And this is on a what - a TRS-80?

    daytripper, Dec 23, 2006

    it is on a P3 processor with AmiBIOS

    On Dec 23, 8:18 am, daytripper <> wrote:
    > On 23 Dec 2006 08:13:12 -0800, wrote:
    >
    > >my mouse and keyboard activities are suspended after POST. i need to
    > >know whether it needs a BIOS uprade so i'll know the next step to takeAnd this is on a what - a TRS-80?

    , Dec 23, 2006
  4. daytripper Guest

    On 23 Dec 2006 08:44:49 -0800, wrote:

    >On Dec 23, 8:18 am, daytripper <> wrote:
    >> On 23 Dec 2006 08:13:12 -0800, wrote:
    >>
    >> >my mouse and keyboard activities are suspended after POST. i need to
    >> >know whether it needs a BIOS uprade so i'll know the next step to take

    >>And this is on a what - a TRS-80?
    >>

    >it is on a P3 processor with AmiBIOS

    PS/2 style keyboard and mouse, or ?
    And the OS you're trying to boot might be ?

    /daytripper
    (hint: the more info you provide, the quicker you'll solve your problem..)

    daytripper, Dec 23, 2006
  5. jack Guest

    daytripper <> wrote:
    : On 23 Dec 2006 08:44:49 -0800, wrote:
    :
    :: On Dec 23, 8:18 am, daytripper <>
    :: wrote:
    ::: On 23 Dec 2006 08:13:12 -0800, wrote:
    :::
    :::: my mouse and keyboard activities are suspended after POST.
    :::: i need to know whether it needs a BIOS uprade so i'll know
    :::: the next step to take
    :::
    ::: And this is on a what - a TRS-80?
    :::
    :: it is on a P3 processor with AmiBIOS
    :
    : PS/2 style keyboard and mouse, or ?
    : And the OS you're trying to boot might be ?
    :
    : /daytripper
    : (hint: the more info you provide, the quicker you'll solve
    : your problem..)

    OP if from the Gmail domain....that pretty much says it all. <sigh>

    j.

    jack, Dec 24, 2006
  6. Del Cecchi Guest

    "jack" <> wrote in message
    > daytripper <> wrote:
    > : On 23 Dec 2006 08:44:49 -0800, wrote:
    > :
    > :: On Dec 23, 8:18 am, daytripper <>
    > :: wrote:
    > ::: On 23 Dec 2006 08:13:12 -0800, wrote:
    > :::
    > :::: my mouse and keyboard activities are suspended after POST.
    > :::: i need to know whether it needs a BIOS uprade so i'll know
    > :::: the next step to take
    > :::
    > ::: And this is on a what - a TRS-80?
    > :::
    > :: it is on a P3 processor with AmiBIOS
    > :
    > : PS/2 style keyboard and mouse, or ?
    > : And the OS you're trying to boot might be ?
    > :
    > : /daytripper
    > : (hint: the more info you provide, the quicker you'll solve
    > : your problem..)
    >
    > OP if from the Gmail domain....that pretty much says it all. <sigh>
    >
    > j.

    And you think you are smarter than folks that use gmail as their email
    address? I suggest you think again.

    Del Cecchi, Dec 24, 2006
  7. daytripper Guest

    On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:51:19 +0100, "jack" <> wrote:

    >daytripper <> wrote:
    >: On 23 Dec 2006 08:44:49 -0800, wrote:
    >:
    >:: On Dec 23, 8:18 am, daytripper <>
    >:: wrote:
    >::: On 23 Dec 2006 08:13:12 -0800, wrote:
    >:::
    >:::: my mouse and keyboard activities are suspended after POST.
    >:::: i need to know whether it needs a BIOS uprade so i'll know
    >:::: the next step to take
    >:::
    >::: And this is on a what - a TRS-80?
    >:::
    >:: it is on a P3 processor with AmiBIOS
    >:
    >: PS/2 style keyboard and mouse, or ?
    >: And the OS you're trying to boot might be ?
    >:
    >: /daytripper
    >: (hint: the more info you provide, the quicker you'll solve
    >: your problem..)
    >
    >OP if from the Gmail domain....that pretty much says it all. <sigh>

    Yes, well, while the OP has turned this into one of the more prolonged tooth
    extractions, we try not to discriminate by domain here.

    Except for WebTV users, of course.

    /daytripper (Merry Merry/Happy Happy, etc ;-)

    daytripper, Dec 24, 2006
  8. jack Guest

    Del Cecchi <> wrote:
    <snip>
    :: OP if from the Gmail domain....that pretty much says it all.
    :: <sigh>
    ::
    :: j.
    : And you think you are smarter than folks that use gmail as
    : their email address? I suggest you think again.

    You again, prick? Er...uh.....
    ---
    ! !
    ! !
    ! !
    ! !
    ----! !----
    ----! ! ! !
    ! ! ! ! ! --
    ! ! ! ! ! / !
    ! ! / !
    ! !/ /
    ! /
    ! /
    ! /
    ! /

    jack, Dec 24, 2006
  9. Robert Myers Guest

    jack wrote:

    > You again, prick? Er...uh.....

    That "prick," as you refer to him, is one of the more knowledgeable,
    experienced, and helpful posters on comp.*

    His presence here makes a noticeable difference in the pool of
    available knowledge.

    Robert.

    Robert Myers, Dec 24, 2006
  10. krw Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > jack wrote:
    >
    > > You again, prick? Er...uh.....
    > >

    > That "prick," as you refer to him, is one of the more knowledgeable,
    > experienced, and helpful posters on comp.*

    Certainly.

    > His presence here makes a noticeable difference in the pool of
    > available knowledge.

    Seconded! Should we have a vote to find out who to throw out of the
    boat?

    --
    Keith

    krw, Dec 24, 2006
  11. Yousuf Khan Guest

    wrote:
    > my mouse and keyboard activities are suspended after POST. i need to
    > know whether it needs a BIOS uprade so i'll know the next step to take

    Boy this place used to be more friendly towards newbie questions at one
    time.

    Are you talking about it being suspended while Windows is booting up? If
    that's the case, then yes, that's how it is for everybody. It quickly
    returns after Windows has finished loading and you can login.

    It would also help to know what style of keyboard and mouse you're
    talking about PS/2 or USB?

    Yousuf Khan

    --
    There is no failure, only delayed success

    Yousuf Khan, Dec 24, 2006

    On 24 Dec 2006 10:41:06 -0800, "Robert Myers" <>
    wrote:

    >jack wrote:
    >
    >> You again, prick? Er...uh.....
    >>

    >That "prick," as you refer to him, is one of the more knowledgeable,
    >experienced, and helpful posters on comp.*
    >
    >His presence here makes a noticeable difference in the pool of
    >available knowledge.
    >
    >Robert.

    The last time I checked, the 1st Amendment was still on the books. So
    Jack or for that matter anyone can refer to anyone else by any word of
    his of her choosing (unless it's an obscenity used just for the sake
    of an insult - but that's IMHO, not sure how it's from purely legal
    POV ;-)). However the same 1st Amendment gives you the freedom to
    plonk him - what would be probably the best course of action you can
    take in this case.

    NNN

    , Dec 25, 2006
  13. Robert Myers Guest

    wrote:

    > The last time I checked, the 1st Amendment was still on the books. So
    > Jack or for that matter anyone can refer to anyone else by any word of
    > his of her choosing (unless it's an obscenity used just for the sake
    > of an insult - but that's IMHO, not sure how it's from purely legal
    > POV ;-)). However the same 1st Amendment gives you the freedom to
    > plonk him - what would be probably the best course of action you can
    > take in this case.

    When someone I respect is insulted, I speak in his defense, Mr. First
    Amendment.

    Robert.

    Robert Myers, Dec 25, 2006
  14. krw Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On 24 Dec 2006 10:41:06 -0800, "Robert Myers" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >jack wrote:
    > >
    > >> You again, prick? Er...uh.....
    > >>

    > >That "prick," as you refer to him, is one of the more knowledgeable,
    > >experienced, and helpful posters on comp.*
    > >
    > >His presence here makes a noticeable difference in the pool of
    > >available knowledge.
    > >
    > >Robert.

    > The last time I checked, the 1st Amendment was still on the books. So
    > Jack or for that matter anyone can refer to anyone else by any word of
    > his of her choosing (unless it's an obscenity used just for the sake
    > of an insult - but that's IMHO, not sure how it's from purely legal
    > POV ;-)). However the same 1st Amendment gives you the freedom to
    > plonk him - what would be probably the best course of action you can
    > take in this case.

    You clearly have little understanding of the First Amendment.

    --
    Keith

    krw, Dec 25, 2006
  15. Del Cecchi Guest

    "" <> wrote in message
    > On 24 Dec 2006 10:41:06 -0800, "Robert Myers" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>jack wrote:
    >>
    >>> You again, prick? Er...uh.....
    >>>

    >>That "prick," as you refer to him, is one of the more knowledgeable,
    >>experienced, and helpful posters on comp.*
    >>
    >>His presence here makes a noticeable difference in the pool of
    >>available knowledge.
    >>
    >>Robert.

    > The last time I checked, the 1st Amendment was still on the books. So
    > Jack or for that matter anyone can refer to anyone else by any word of
    > his of her choosing (unless it's an obscenity used just for the sake
    > of an insult - but that's IMHO, not sure how it's from purely legal
    > POV ;-)). However the same 1st Amendment gives you the freedom to
    > plonk him - what would be probably the best course of action you can
    > take in this case.
    >
    > NNN

    I've been insulted by better people than him and lived to tell about it.
    As for killfiling, done that.
    But the first amendment has nothing to do with this discussion. Go read
    it. He can say what he wants and the government mostly can't do
    anything. There is nothing in the first amendment about private
    communication media.

    del

    Del Cecchi, Dec 25, 2006

    On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:58:04 -0600, "Del Cecchi"
    <> wrote:

    >"" <> wrote in message
    >> On 24 Dec 2006 10:41:06 -0800, "Robert Myers" <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>That "prick," as you refer to him, is one of the more knowledgeable,
    >>>experienced, and helpful posters on comp.*
    >>>
    >>>His presence here makes a noticeable difference in the pool of
    >>>available knowledge.
    >>>
    >>>Robert.

    >> The last time I checked, the 1st Amendment was still on the books. So
    >> Jack or for that matter anyone can refer to anyone else by any word of
    >> his of her choosing (unless it's an obscenity used just for the sake
    >> of an insult - but that's IMHO, not sure how it's from purely legal
    >> POV ;-)). However the same 1st Amendment gives you the freedom to
    >> plonk him - what would be probably the best course of action you can
    >> take in this case.
    >>
    >> NNN

    >I've been insulted by better people than him and lived to tell about it.
    >As for killfiling, done that.
    >But the first amendment has nothing to do with this discussion. Go read
    >it. He can say what he wants and the government mostly can't do
    >anything. There is nothing in the first amendment about private
    >communication media.
    >
    >del

    Sorry folks, my attempt at being sarcastic failed again ;-(
    NNN

    , Dec 25, 2006

    On Dec 25, 9:13 am, "" <>
    wrote:
    > On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:58:04 -0600, "Del Cecchi"
    >

    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >"" <> wrote in message

    > >> The last time I checked, the 1st Amendment was still on the books. So
    > >> Jack or for that matter anyone can refer to anyone else by any word of
    > >> his of her choosing (unless it's an obscenity used just for the sake
    > >> of an insult - but that's IMHO, not sure how it's from purely legal
    > >> POV ;-)). However the same 1st Amendment gives you the freedom to
    > >> plonk him - what would be probably the best course of action you can
    > >> take in this case.

    > >> NNN

    > >I've been insulted by better people than him and lived to tell about it.
    > >As for killfiling, done that.
    > >But the first amendment has nothing to do with this discussion. Go read
    > >it. He can say what he wants and the government mostly can't do
    > >anything. There is nothing in the first amendment about private
    > >communication media.

    > >delSorry folks, my attempt at being sarcastic failed again ;-(

    > NNN

    fer sure

    , Dec 26, 2006
  18. Robert Myers Guest

    Yousuf Khan wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > my mouse and keyboard activities are suspended after POST. i need to
    > > know whether it needs a BIOS uprade so i'll know the next step to take

    > Boy this place used to be more friendly towards newbie questions at one
    > time.
    >
    > Are you talking about it being suspended while Windows is booting up? If
    > that's the case, then yes, that's how it is for everybody. It quickly
    > returns after Windows has finished loading and you can login.
    >
    > It would also help to know what style of keyboard and mouse you're
    > talking about PS/2 or USB?

    Or you could suggest googling

    usenet "how to ask a question"

    20 questions is a very inefficient way of communicating.

    Robert.

    Robert Myers, Dec 26, 2006