    This is my personal Compaq Presario 5700T Motherboard (136109-102) with the
    Processor and memory still installed. The processor is Pentium III 700mhz and
    there are 3 - 128mb Pc100/133 modules.

    marq122 via HWKB.com, Sep 7, 2006

  2. marq122 via HWKB.com

    Dave Guest

    "marq122 via HWKB.com" <u26242@uwe> wrote in message
    news:65e8f2e88775b@uwe...
    >I brought this motherboard on ebay with out a book. I need to know how to
    >set
    > up the pin's or wire for the power led and keys. I don't want to burn the
    > motherboard from just guesting at it. If anybody could help me that would
    > be
    > great. This is what I have.
    > This is my personal Compaq Presario 5700T Motherboard (136109-102) with
    > the
    > Processor and memory still installed. The processor is Pentium III 700mhz
    > and
    > there are 3 - 128mb Pc100/133 modules.
    >
    > --

    You aren't going to burn the motherboard by guessing at it. Power and reset
    are momentary contact. Either they are connected, or they aren't. You
    can't "short" it in reverse. :)

    The LEDs connections can be reversed. Three things will happen if you
    guess:
    1) Nothing (wrong pins)
    2) Nothing (right pins, but reversed wires)
    3) LEDs work correctly

    Having said that, you shouldn't have to guess. Most mainboards are marked
    somehow, though the print is microscopic and often abbreviated, such as
    2-point type reading "pwr_led" with little + and - signs. That would be the
    Power light on the front of the case, and the +/- shows which way to connect
    the wires. At worst, if the wires aren't marked, you've got a 50/50 shot at
    it, so you'll get it right in 2 tries or less. :) -Dave

    Dave, Sep 7, 2006

  3. Dave wrote:
    >>I brought this motherboard on ebay with out a book. I need to know how to
    >>set

    >[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
    >> and
    >> there are 3 - 128mb Pc100/133 modules.

    >You aren't going to burn the motherboard by guessing at it. Power and reset
    >are momentary contact. Either they are connected, or they aren't. You
    >can't "short" it in reverse. :)
    >
    >The LEDs connections can be reversed. Three things will happen if you
    >guess:
    >1) Nothing (wrong pins)
    >2) Nothing (right pins, but reversed wires)
    >3) LEDs work correctly
    >
    >Having said that, you shouldn't have to guess. Most mainboards are marked
    >somehow, though the print is microscopic and often abbreviated, such as
    >2-point type reading "pwr_led" with little + and - signs. That would be the
    >Power light on the front of the case, and the +/- shows which way to connect
    >the wires. At worst, if the wires aren't marked, you've got a 50/50 shot at
    >it, so you'll get it right in 2 tries or less. :) -Dave

    Ok the wires are mark. The board is not all it show is number of pin. 1, 2 ,
    J10 19,20.
    So I don't know where the power led will go and the reset swich and the hdd
    led.
    Is it ok if I do guest?

    marq122 via HWKB.com, Sep 7, 2006