More errors with installing programs!

Discussion in 'Windows XP New Users' started by Sam, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. Sam

    Sam Guest

    I got several errors when trying to install Norton
    AntiVirus 2003.

    Here are the following errors:

    Error 1606. Could not access network
    location "::Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop".

    I looked this one up on the microsoft knowledge base and
    it brought up a similar error
    us;315352&Product=winxp

    but when I tried to access the registry via regedit it
    came up with another error message:

    Memory access violation in module kernel32 at
    4375:86952838

    How do I fix these? It might be a virus from a bogus
    email from microsoft. (Read about the email in the
    Windows XP Security Administration newsgroup.)

    -Sam

    Sam, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Sam

    Mary Sauer Guest

    Norton has some help
    http://tinyurl.com/lph4

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/

    Mary Sauer, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Sam

    Guest Guest

    Thanks but I can't fix it because when I type the regedit
    command this error pops up:

    Guest, Oct 30, 2003