    just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over , but
    no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor. My
    neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

    phoebe, May 15, 2009

  2. phoebe

    JS Guest

    The following may work: CTRL+ALT+Up arrow
    or some similar key keyboard combination for some but not all video cards.

    Some graphics cards also come a utility or an option to rotate your display.
    Most likely to be found in the Display/Advanced option.
    You may also be able to turn off Display rotation so the problem does not
    happen again.

    Click on Start/Control Panel/Display/Setting Tab, Advanced button or it
    could be an
    Icon in the control panel specifically for the Video Card you have.

    --
    JS
    http://www.pagestart.com

    JS, May 15, 2009

  3. On Fri, 15 May 2009 13:10:01 -0700, =?Utf-8?B?cGhvZWJl?=
    <> wrote:

    >My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways. This
    >happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
    >keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
    >batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
    >having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right by
    >just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over , but
    >no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor. My
    >neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

    You can work while lying down on your side, or, CTRL-ALT-RIGHT ARROW
    (or LEFT ARROW). Up and down arrow flips display horizontally. At
    least, this is on my PC.

    Richard Cranium, May 15, 2009
  4. On Fri, 15 May 2009 13:10:01 -0700, phoebe
    <> wrote:

    > My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways. This
    > happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
    > keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
    > batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
    > having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right by
    > just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over , but
    > no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor. My
    > neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

    The ability to rotate the screen image is a feature of your video
    card, to help it work with monitors that rotate to portrait
    orientation. Almost certainly you accidentally pressed Ctrl-Alt, and
    some arrow key.
    Rotate it back using those keys.

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, May 15, 2009
  5. phoebe

    phoebe Guest

    "JS" wrote:

    > The following may work: CTRL+ALT+Up arrow
    > or some similar key keyboard combination for some but not all video cards.
    >
    > Some graphics cards also come a utility or an option to rotate your display.
    > Most likely to be found in the Display/Advanced option.
    > You may also be able to turn off Display rotation so the problem does not
    > happen again.
    >
    > Click on Start/Control Panel/Display/Setting Tab, Advanced button or it
    > could be an
    > Icon in the control panel specifically for the Video Card you have.
    >
    > --
    > JS
    > http://www.pagestart.com
    >

    > "phoebe" <> wrote in message
    > > My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways.
    > > This
    > > happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
    > > keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
    > > batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
    > > having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right
    > > by
    > > just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over ,
    > > but
    > > no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor.
    > > My
    > > neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

    > Thanks, My neck is feeling much better now that I'm upright!

    Phoebe

    phoebe, May 16, 2009
  6. phoebe

    phoebe Guest

    "Richard Cranium" wrote:

    > On Fri, 15 May 2009 13:10:01 -0700, =?Utf-8?B?cGhvZWJl?=
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways. This
    > >happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
    > >keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
    > >batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
    > >having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right by
    > >just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over , but
    > >no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor. My
    > >neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

    > You can work while lying down on your side, or, CTRL-ALT-RIGHT ARROW
    > (or LEFT ARROW). Up and down arrow flips display horizontally. At
    > least, this is on my PC.

    Thanks, I decided to try the keyboard remedy rather than the prone
    remedy...it worked!
    Phoebe

    phoebe, May 16, 2009
  7. phoebe

    phoebe Guest

    "Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:

    > On Fri, 15 May 2009 13:10:01 -0700, phoebe
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways. This
    > > happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
    > > keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
    > > batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
    > > having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right by
    > > just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over , but
    > > no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor. My
    > > neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

    > The ability to rotate the screen image is a feature of your video
    > card, to help it work with monitors that rotate to portrait
    > orientation. Almost certainly you accidentally pressed Ctrl-Alt, and
    > some arrow key.
    > Rotate it back using those keys.
    >

    > --
    > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    > Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Much better I'm upright now!
    Thanks,
    Phoebe

    phoebe, May 16, 2009
  8. On Fri, 15 May 2009 17:01:01 -0700, phoebe
    <> wrote:

    > "Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:
    >
    > > On Fri, 15 May 2009 13:10:01 -0700, phoebe
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > My monitor image is now turned 90 degrees so I have to read sideways. This
    > > > happened when I was changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard. The
    > > > keyboard was flipped so I could work on the back and when I put the new
    > > > batteries in the monitor was reading sideways! I cold flip the page from
    > > > having the top of the page at the left side to having the top at the right by
    > > > just pushing down on the back of the keyboard when it was turned over , but
    > > > no luck at righting it to the top of the page at the top of the monitor. My
    > > > neck is getting tired of reading sideways! Please help if you can.

    > > The ability to rotate the screen image is a feature of your video
    > > card, to help it work with monitors that rotate to portrait
    > > orientation. Almost certainly you accidentally pressed Ctrl-Alt, and
    > > some arrow key.
    > > Rotate it back using those keys.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    > > Please Reply to the Newsgroup
    > >

    > Much better I'm upright now!
    > Thanks,

    You're welcome. Glad to help.