    Does anyone have an example (or know a good site) that would have code
    samples to accomplish this on the fly?

    Thank you.

    RLN, Jan 10, 2007

  2. Simply loop through the Items collection of the contact folder. Each item
    has a Categories property, into which you can write. Then call the item's
    Save method.

    --
    Viele Gruesse / Best regards
    Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

    Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook], Jan 11, 2007

  3. RLN

    RLN Guest

    Michael,
    My apologies for the late reply.
    Is this something that can be done efficiently in VBScript or are there
    other methods you would recommend?

    RLN, Jan 22, 2007
  4. If it's needed only once then it doesn't matter. The loop would be faster
    though with CDO 1.21 or Redemption (www.dimastr.com).

    If you like a comfortable user interface for editing categories then you
    might try my Addin, download the English demo via ShareIT (sig below).

    Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook], Jan 23, 2007
  5. RLN

    Guest

    Michael...thank you for this utility...Again my apologies for the late
    reply. I need to better manange my newsgroup monitoring...maybe set
    something up somehow where I get receive email when someone posts a
    response so my reply doesn't appear rude when tardy.

    RLN

    , Feb 14, 2007