Modal dialog box freezes browser

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Programming' started by Cindy, Mar 22, 2004.

  1. Cindy

    Cindy Guest

    I have designed our timesheet in Excel 2002 to bring up a modal dialog
    box whenever it is first opened so that the user can fill out their
    employee information. If the timesheet is opened directly in Excel,
    then the timesheet works fine. However, if the user opens up the
    timesheet within our Intranet browser, occasionally the dialog box
    ends up behind the browser window (i.e. loses focus) thus causing the
    timesheet to freeze up. The only way to unfreeze the timesheet is to
    use the "Minimize All Windows" command to minimize all open windows,
    which allows the dialog box to become visible again and the user can
    proceed as normal. Is there a way to prevent the dialog box from
    "disappearing" behind the browser window in the first place? I am
    aware of the My Computer>>Tools>>Folder Options>>File Types>>Browse in
    Same Window (uncheck)option , but that isn't a feasible solution with
    a large staff environment.

    Thanks in advance.

    Cindy

    Cindy, Mar 22, 2004

  2. you can do like the advertisers and push the browser to the back of all open
    windows....

    Township of East Hanover, Mar 22, 2004

  3. Cindy

    Cindy Guest

    Thanks, though I was hoping there was something that I can do in
    Excel. We use Intranet software and have little control on how the
    spreadsheet gets posted (and viewed) within the browser.

    Cindy

    Cindy, Mar 23, 2004