Missing Token

CSB

Reaction score
I've noticed a few times now, especially when trying to edit a post that it says "missing token" or that I do not have permission/rights to edit my post". Not sure whats going on. Anyone else had the same happen? Usually works if I keep persisting or if I log in again when I click on Advanced edit option.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Cant say I've ever seen that. What browser out of interest?

CSB

Reaction score
It's Internet Explorer 9 as I'm in work. They're a bit backwards here and don't believe in taking advantage of the latest technical/software advances.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm, that's odd - but it's probably something from this end - so I'll see what I can do. Does it only happen when editing, as I'll focus on that if that's the only place it occurs :).

CSB

Reaction score
Hi Ian

Yes. I believe it only ever does it when trying to edit a post.

*** I was about to post the above when I got the following notice, so maybe it's doing it at random times even when you're not editing???

Attachments

• Token.jpg
    Token.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 298

CSB

Reaction score
It also just did this when I tried to edit a post as I spotted a spelling mistake on my Cars/Bikes thread. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Edit.JPG
    Edit.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 306

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the extra info CSB :)

I wonder if this could be related to a cookie problem, certainly for the second screenshot anyway. Would it be possible for you to clear your cookies, then log in with the "remember me" box ticked please? I think that may improve things for you - but I'm also checking the VB forums to see if there is any token code missing on here.

CSB

Reaction score
Thanks Ian.

I havn't had any other problems so far. I cleared the cookies etc on this work's PC. I think it's just something at this end probably been causing the issue as no one else has reported anything?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting back :). Hopefully the cookie trick has sorted it! :D

Ask a Question