Missing SEND button, part 3

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook' started by Dana, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. Dana

    Dana Guest

    I'm starting to think I have a defective Outlook 2003...
    I'm missing my SEND button in Outlook 2003, and everyone
    tells me to simply call up the STANDARD toolbar.
    I do that, but there's still no SEND button, nor a
    SEND/RECEIVE button, so I can't even retrieve my e:mail.
    I go to the CUSTOMIZE TOOLBAR setting, but the SEND
    option is nowhere to be found.
    Okay - I'm sure this is something simple, but I can't
    figure out why the heck it doesn't show up.
    I've also tried going through and having the CD "repair"
    my version of Outlook, but the "repair" has no effect.
    My Outlook EXPRESS works just fine, so I know my system
    will send/receive messages...just not in the new 2003
    full-blown version.
    I can't imagine that my version of Office 2003 would be
    defective, but I'm starting to wonder.
    Any ideas - besides telling me to simply open the
    STANDARD toolbar - would be greatly appreciated.
    As you can imagine, this is pretty darned frustrating!
    Thanks for any help, in advance.

    Dana, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Dana

    Dana Guest

    Finally - found the answer in MicroSoft's extensive
    database. Okay, at least I feel a little better...

    E-mail Envelope Is Missing a Send Button

    SYMPTOMS
    When you try to send a document to a mail recipient in
    Outlook 11, the Send or Send a copy button is missing
    from the toolbar.

    CAUSE
    This problem occurs because there is no default profile
    set for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2003 is
    set as the default e-mail program.

    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this problem, you must create an Outlook
    profile. To do so, follow these steps:
    Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Mail icon.
    Click Show Profiles.
    In the Mail dialog box, click Add.
    Follow the prompts of the Inbox Setup Wizard.

    STATUS
    Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the
    Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of
    this article.

    Dana, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Dana

    Nikki Guest

    Have you activated the Outlook 2003 program yet?
    Have you setup the email account information yet?

    --
    Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

    Nikki, Dec 9, 2003
  4. Dana

    Nikki Guest

    Thank you for posting your solution.

    --
    Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

    Nikki, Dec 9, 2003
  5. Dana

    Guest Guest

    YOU HAVE TO SET UP AN EMAIL ACCOUNT BEFORE SEND WILL
    APPEAR.

    Guest, Dec 9, 2003
  6. Dana

    Guest Guest

    Well, I had the same problem... no send receive, no retrieving or sending email from outlook after upgrading to 2003 (pretty good upgrad, HuH). Well, i went to profile, added my profile, and configured all my e-mail account (i.e. add account, inter pop3. etc. etc. Opened up outlook, Voila NOTHING... still no send receive. Went back to mail accounts, deleated the default Microsoft Outlook profile, and just left my own..
    Yeah!! It finally works. Only one problem... All my stinking e-mails are GONE GONE GONE.... I don't know where thery went. Its not like there was nothing important there... only about 150 e-mails, receipts for ticketless travel,,, etc. Just great huh?
    Any suggestions on how to get them back?
    One hand can wash the other.

    Guest, Dec 28, 2003
  7. Open the PST file your old profile was using.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Dec 28, 2003