Missing reference to OWC10.DLL - how to fix?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access VBA Modules' started by Guest, Jun 1, 2005.

    Hello -
    I support several Access 2002 databases. Yesterday, when opening one of
    them, I received the following error message: Your Microsoft Access database
    or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'OWC10.DLL'
    version 1.1.
    Upon opening the Available References (Under Tools, References), I found
    that the reference for this file was checked, but the description read:
    "Missing: Microsoft Office XP Web Components". The properties box showed
    the correct path location for the file (C:/Program Files/Common
    Files/Microsoft Shared/Web Components/10/OWC10.DLL) but apparently couldn't
    access it. I checked some of my other databases and they were correctly
    referencing the file without errors.

    The main problem that I notice in the problem database is that the default
    date function "Date()" is not working correctly in any of the forms. Any
    suggestions on how to correct the missing reference? I'm hoping this will
    fix the date functionality as well.

    Thanks.

    Guest, Jun 1, 2005

  2. NOTE the exact name of the missing item.
    UNCHECK it.
    Close the dialog
    Compile your code. If you get no errors then you don't need the missing library
    for this application.
    If you do get errors, then open Tools, references.
    Find the item you unchecked and recheck it.
    Close the dialog.

    John Spencer (MVP), Jun 1, 2005

    jfrankha11

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Current date problem in MSACCESS 2003

    I needed this fix also, and it worked fine. THanks so much.

    jfrankha11, Oct 13, 2006