    I have a very remote user on an XP pro SP2 box. She accesses My Network
    Places and says that the Entire Network icon is missing. I can't seem to find
    anything in the KB articles. Any ideas?

    Guest, Jul 1, 2005

    Linn,

    Is the "Client for Microsoft Networks" enabled in local area connection
    properties?

    Guest, Jul 1, 2005

  3. In article <>, "Linn
    Allen" <> wrote:
    >I have a very remote user on an XP pro SP2 box. She accesses My Network
    >Places and says that the Entire Network icon is missing. I can't seem to find
    >anything in the KB articles. Any ideas?

    Whether there's an Entire Network icon may depend on how you view My
    Network Places.

    When I click the My Network Places icon on the desktop or the Start
    menu, there's no Entire Network icon in the window that appears.

    When I run Windows Explorer, click My Network Places in the left pane,
    and then click View | Refresh, the Entire Network icon appears in the
    left pane, but not in the right one. I can drag the Entire Network
    icon from the left pane onto the desktop and then access it directly
    from the desktop.

    I don't know whether this behavior is a feature or a bug. :)

    I recommend dragging/dropping other frequently-used icons (workgroups,
    computers, shared disks/folders) from My Network Places to the
    desktop, too. Accessing a network resource directly from a desktop
    icon is faster and more reliable than browsing through My Network
    Places.
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Steve Winograd [MVP], Jul 1, 2005

    PeterM Guest

    I got the network icon, by changing my property on the taskbar to Classic
    view, and boom, I had a Network icon. Try it and you will too.........Peter

    PeterM, Jul 1, 2005