    how to make the game box/screen larger? Dell told me it could not be done!
    --
    mrfixit

    Guest, Oct 25, 2005

    Jimmy S. Guest

    Hi,
    "mrfixit" <> wrote in message news:...
    | using a Dell Inspiron 1100 with Windows XP Home Edition. Does anyone know
    | how to make the game box/screen larger? Dell told me it could not be done!
    | --
    | mrfixit

    To make one of the Windows Games larger:

    First, copy the game:
    Click Start / All Programs / Games
    Right click on the game (Minesweeper in your case)
    Select Properties from the list
    Press the "Find Target" button on the next window
    Right Click on the highlighted file and select Copy

    Next paste the copy to your Desktop:
    Right Click on your Desktop
    Select Paste from the list

    Finally, we'll change the resolution setting for the game:
    Right click on the game you just pasted to your Desktop
    Select Properties from the list and Click on the Compatibility Tab
    Put a check in the box marked "Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution"

    Now whenever you want to play, click on that game on your Desktop and it
    will open in full screen mode ... and they said it wasn't possible! ;-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    Jimmy S., Oct 25, 2005

    Thanks for your response. Ran into a bit of difficulty when I tried to
    implement your directions. I got the game copied to the desktop, and changed
    the resolution as you directed. But, when I opened the game by clicking on
    the desktop icon, the desktop screen shrunk about 50%, the game showed up in
    the smaller area, and the game screen size is the same as it was before. The
    only thing that I did different was to right click on my existing icon to get
    Properties and "Find Target", because when I went All Programs/Games,
    Minesweeper IS NOT LISTED. I may have originally copied it from my other
    computer when I got the laptop; I don't recall for sure. Any other
    suggestions, or do you know why Minesweeper was not listed under Games?
    Thanks again for your help.
    mrfixit

    Guest, Nov 3, 2005

    Jimmy S. Guest

    Hi,

    Let's tackle the issue where only 50% of your screen is available.
    Dell's laptops should have a setting you can select with by way of
    a keyboard shortcut, or a BIOS setting which will allow you to
    select the option to stretch the display to fit the screen.

    Jimmy S., Nov 3, 2005