    there is a free download in Excel but I can't find it.

    I'm using MS Office 2007 in Windowns Vista

    Can anyone help?

    Mother Nellie, Oct 22, 2008

  2. Mother Nellie

    Bob I Guest

    Ok, I'll bite, where did you hear about this "mind mapper"?

    Bob I, Oct 22, 2008

  3. Mother Nellie

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Office does not have a mind mapping tool but Excel will interface with your
    mind mapping application.

    Do a 'net search for mind mapping excel to find many hits.

    Did not run through to see if any are free.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:12:16 -0700, Mother Nellie <Mother

    Gord Dibben, Oct 22, 2008
  4. In article <>, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
    >Office does not have a mind mapping tool but Excel will interface with your
    >mind mapping application.
    >
    >Do a 'net search for mind mapping excel to find many hits.
    >
    >Did not run through to see if any are free.
    >Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    No idea if these connect with excel (other than as data sources) but I have
    played with a few packages claiming to be mind map related. I kept freemind
    (freemind.sourceforge.net) and keynote (http://keynote.prv.pl), both of
    which are free. Freemind is more the classic mind map s/w, giving pretty
    pictures and connections and keynote calls itself a 'tabbed notebook for
    windows' and to me, is the more useful as a connection to XL files.

    HTH

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 23, 2008
  5. Mother Nellie

    Argey Guest

    On Oct 23, 7:23 am,
    (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
    > In article <>, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
    > >Office does not have amind mappingtool but Excel will interface with your
    > >mind mappingapplication.

    > >Do a 'net search for    mind mappingexcel    to find many hits.

    > >Did not run through to see if any are free.
    > >Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

    > No idea if these connect with excel (other than as data sources) but I have
    > played with a few packages claiming to bemind maprelated. I kept freemind
    > (freemind.sourceforge.net) and keynote (http://keynote.prv.pl), both of
    > which are free. Freemind is more the classicmind maps/w, giving pretty
    > pictures and connections and keynote calls itself a 'tabbed notebook for
    > windows' and to me, is the more useful as a connection to XL files.
    >
    > HTH
    >

    > >On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:12:16 -0700, Mother Nellie <Mother
    > >> wrote:

    > >>Where do I find amind mappingtool within Microsoft Office? I've been told
    > >>there is a free download in Excel but I can't find it.

    > >>I'm using MS Office 2007 in Windowns Vista

    > >>Can anyone help?- Hide quoted text -

    Visio has a mindmapping template, if you want to stay with MS s/w,
    though I
    haven't seen anything about integration with Excel.

    FreeMInd has various ways of talking to Excel, see:
    http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wik..._export_to_other_applications#Export_to_Excel
    http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wik...ther_applications#CSV_text_.E2.86.90_FreeMind

    That page also says "Import and export with Microsoft Excel works by
    drag &
    drop or copy & paste of complete nodes. You can copy a selection of
    cells in
    Excel and drop it in FreeMind. Doing this with several columns,
    creates
    corresponding child nodes."

    Roy
    http://www.topicscape.com