Microsoft Word "Unspecified Error" when trying to reply to email

K

KtCraig

I've run into a strange issue with Word as my editor in Outlook.

I try to reply to certain email addresses and receive an 'unspecified error'
when I click send in the reply email. To get around it I have to open a fresh
email and copy everything over. There are no attachments involved or anything
and this seems to occur when dealing with a few specific email addresses with
the majority working just fine.

I've read similar queries dealing with hyperlinks and attachments but my
problem pops up even in the absence of those elements.

Any help is appreciated!

C

F

Fastmetrics Support

Unspecified Error & Interface Not Registered Error in Microsoft Outlook w/ MS Word as the editor.

Hello,

When using Microsoft Word as an email editor through MS Outlook 2002/2003 you may encounter an "Unspecified Error" when sending email. Some KB articles will state it's an issue with HTML content within the word editor.

So by going into Tools, Options, and changing HTML format to PLAIN TEXT it removes that error, but it also replaces it with another error called "Interface not registered."

The 2nd error message tells us that there is an issue with the registry and by following this example below you should be able to remove this error message from your machine.

Others have mentioned that this is caused by Microsoft Outlook ADD-In's or Adobe 6.0 products that try to integrate themselves with Word, Outlook, and browsers. These Outlook add-in's somehow interfere with the regular tasks that Word and Outlook handle and create a bug in the registry.

The fix for this issue is the following MS KB Article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870707

This should work for Outlook 2002 or Outlook 2003.

Regards,

Chris Vandebrooke
Project Manager
mailto:[email protected]
http://fastmetrics.com

Ask a Question