    "non-commercial use" about? I would think that indicates I have a copy of
    student software, but I purchased and paid for the full standard Professional
    suite. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Feb 16, 2007

  2. Hi R.,

    If you start Word 2007 in Office safe mode (hold ctrl key when starting Word) do you still see that msg in the Title bar of a new
    document? If not it could be an Add-in. Was there demo, trial, etc software included with the new PC?

    Was Office 2007 pre-installed on the PC or did you purchase it separately & Instaall it yourself?

    ==================
    <<"rgille" <> wrote in message news:...
    Hi - I just installed Office Professional 2007, including Word 2007, on my
    new Vista Business laptop. I notice that on the title bar for Word documents
    it now says "Document1 - Microsoft Word non-commercial use". After the doc
    is saved it substitutes the document name for "Document1" but still appends
    the "non-commercial use" at the end on the title bar. What is the
    --

    Bob Buckland ?:)
    MS Office System Products MVP

    Bob Buckland ?:-\), Feb 16, 2007

    Hi Bob - If I start Word 2007 in Office safe mode, it does not still say "for
    non-commercial use," it just says "Document1 - Microsoft Word (Safe Mode)."
    What does that signify to you? The Vista laptop did not have trial Microsoft
    Office software on it. However, I used Belkin "Windows Vista Easy Transfer"
    software and cable to copy files from my old XP laptop (which had Word 2003
    on it) to the new Vista laptop, and I'm wondering if it could have copied
    some unwanted Word config files with it? (I don't see anything amiss in the
    Programs list.) I did notice that the Belkin transfer overwrote some new
    email files I'd received on the new laptop, and reset some things that I
    didn't want reset (I had to reconfigure my Internet and Outlook connection
    settings, for instance). Thanks for your input. - Bob G.

    Guest, Feb 16, 2007

    Hello Again - I subsequently uninstalled Office Pro 2007. I then noticed
    there was a link on the Install/Uninstall page to reinstall a *trial* version
    of Office 2007. I do not know where this came from, since the trial version
    was not on the laptop when I took delivery of it and I had not uninstalled it
    - I uninstalled the full version. Perhaps the laptop maker, Toshiba,
    uninstalled the trial version before sending the laptop to me since they did
    not want to support it? Or perhaps Word marked the full version as the trial
    version due to some glitch? Don't know. I then reinstalled the full
    version, but had the same problem as before ("non-commercial use" showing on
    programs' title bar). I then telephoned Microsoft's technical assistance (no
    charge because it's a new Vista PC), and in an almost 2-hour call we
    uninstalled Office Pro 2007 again, then the tech deleted every reference to
    Office in my Registry one-by-one (that was a little nerve-wracking, though he
    did make a backup of the Reg.) Then I reinstalled the full version of Office
    Pro 2007 (it did take longer to install this time than the other times, which
    makes me think it was making use of the trial version's settings earlier for
    a faster intstall). Result: The title bar is now correct - no more
    "non-commercial use." I appreciate the tech's help, and also thanks for your
    earlier reply.

    Guest, Feb 16, 2007