Word Microsoft word 2007-document shows musical notation?!

Reaction score
I have downloaded a doc. that I am using for university. Half of the doc. is displaying musical notes the other half is in normal English text. I have tried reinstalling office, did a registry clean, cleaned any possible trojans or viruses...I cannot even find out what font it is trying to read. Many of the features in this doc. are null and void. I am using windows vista. I just don't understand it. I never had an issue like this before. Can anyone offer a viable and concise solution? I appreciate it very much. I have uploaded the file for anyone to inspect..please don't tell me, "it works for me!" Yes, that might be true, but it DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. Thank you, again.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Sounds like a font issue rather than office itself. What is the document meant to have in it? text?

Reaction score
Yes, sir. It is meant to have text only. I have uploaded the file, you may have a look at it. The first half of the document are made-up of tables and text, that is the part that is corrupted. I thought it may be some kind of font problem, but I have 2007 office and service pack 2; fonts should not be an issue. Apparently the doc. works fine on other computers using word ....I am at a loss and wish to solve the problem expediently. Thank you again for your time and consideration.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

I have uploaded the file, you may have a look at it.
err, we don't see anything ... :)

Have you tried re-downloading the file, I wouldn't rule out a bad download.

:user:

Ask a Question