    Robert Guest

    Is it alright to include this patch in the xp core base image? As
    anyone tried it? Has does the old hardware systems handle this driver?

    Robert, Jul 11, 2006

  2. Re: Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update(Q888111)

    Robert schrieb:
    > Is it alright to include this patch in the xp core base image? As
    > anyone tried it? Has does the old hardware systems handle this driver?

    Works like it should. I used the /integrate switch.

    Mario Schmidt, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Robert

    Robert Guest

    A couple of questions

    What was the source of your patch, Microsoft, or the Vendor Hardware?
    Is it vendor dependent?

    Thanks

    Robert

    Robert, Jul 12, 2006
  4. Re: Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update(Q888111)

    Robert schrieb:
    > A couple of questions
    >
    > What was the source of your patch, Microsoft, or the Vendor Hardware?
    > Is it vendor dependent?

    I took it out of the VIA HDA sound driver package. It' s the same for
    all vendors, but make sure you get the latest version.

    You can' t get it from Microsoft directly, AFAIK. At least not as enduser.

    Mario Schmidt, Jul 14, 2006