    I've looked in newsgroups but didn't find anything on this kind of runtime
    error.
    Any ideas on how to resolve this?

    Jen, Jan 27, 2008

  2. You are asking what error is caused by a message from the Symantec folders?
    You have not tried removing the Symantec software?

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    e-mail subject line must include "QZ" or it's deleted

    Mark L. Ferguson, Jan 28, 2008

  3. Jen

    Jen Guest

    This is a software that I have paid for. I don't see why I should remove it.

    Jen, Jan 28, 2008
  4. Jen

    Jen Guest

    This is a software that I paid for, so I don't see why I should remove it.
    Perhaps there is an update or patch?

    Jen, Jan 28, 2008
  5. Jen

    Don Varnau Guest

    Hi,
    Checking for updates would be a good first step.

    Next step would be to try uninstalling / reinstalling the Norton/Symantec
    program.

    Step three would be a search of Symantec support. I tried a quick search,
    but didn't find anything on "pure virtual function call." But, I didn't
    spend much time on the search.

    Hope this helps,
    Don
    [MS MVP- IE]

    Don Varnau, Jan 28, 2008
  6. Jen

    Jen Guest

    I did a Norton Scan and found it is missing a dll file: mvcp80.dll
    This came up several times under different things like the HSLoader.exe
    cannot access a necessary file msvcr80.dll. Is there somewhere I can download
    that or maybe I should contact Symantec.
    Thanks for your help.

    Jen, Jan 29, 2008
  7. Jen

    Allan Guest

    "jimmy7879" <> wrote in message

    > I am getting the same message but was not even aware that I had symantic
    > installed on my HP laptop. I definitely don't use the program, so would
    > it be safe to delete the file that is causing this problem? In the
    > details section of the error message it says the program path is
    > C:\Windows\SMINST\BLService.exe.
    >
    > Can I delete 'BLService' without causing harm to my laptop?

    Search on Symantec's website for help regarding their products. You can
    check in MSconfig what programs are running at startup.

    --
    Allan

    Allan, Sep 27, 2008