Microsoft Updates Issue Question

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I've been having browser problems since i downloaded the last batch of MS updates. After SP2 my pc was going a bomb and now its doing my head in. Anyway the question is if i uninstall all the updates from 4days ago will i f*** things up or will things revert back to the place where everything was fine.
This would be a biggie for me cos i have never messed about with the MS end of things.
I need some advice on this please.
IE8 hangs and whites out and tells me evrything is not responding.
Firefox is slightly better but still crap and google chrome is a complete waste of time.
I'm afraid to anything with it, apart from AV scans and the like.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Hi Folks,
I've been having browser problems since i downloaded the last batch of MS updates. After SP2 my pc was going a bomb and now its doing my head in. Anyway the question is if i uninstall all the updates from 4days ago will i f*** things up or will things revert back to the place where everything was fine.
This would be a biggie for me cos i have never messed about with the MS end of things.
I need some advice on this please.
IE8 hangs and whites out and tells me evrything is not responding.
Firefox is slightly better but still crap and google chrome is a complete waste of time.
I'm afraid to anything with it, apart from AV scans and the like.
Zzzzz

Hi captain,

It depends on what updates they are? I have removed updates before and then reinstalled them without any problem. Have you tried resetting IE8? By clicking on Tools then internet options and then advance tab and then reset. This will restore IE8 back to its defaults. Are you using any add ons in any browser? If so then try disabling these and see if it still crashes.

You could always do a system restore back a few days before you installed the updates and if things get even worse then you can always restore it back to the how it was before you restored it to an earlier time.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I still can't even install Vista SP2, issues, issues.....

And I haven't got a clue why, I have been a good boy, auto-updates and all, but still Steve Bullmer's pride and joy won't play ball with me, despite him telling me some time ago Vista was going to be our saviour... ;)

Good luck Z, sorry, but I ain't got a clue what to suggest :confused:

Reaction score
Thanks lads for the replies....its either remove the updates or a system restore, in which case i havent had much experience....i have done it once before in an emergency situation and i was bricking it.
I will try it after work tomorrow...i'm gonna enjoy whats left of me sunday evening....gonna do some COD4ing... i did tell ya's i finished WAW and ran out and got COD4. Timeshift is still ont backburner,
I'm curious as to why you cant install SP2?
Thanks again lads
Zzzzz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
I spoke to a mate about not been able to install SP 2 on Vista, and this was the link he came back with

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955430

Thanks MadX, I shall browse that when it's less late ;)

There's nothing like simplicity when it comes to Microsoft eh?

All those instructions almost make Linux look simple :D

But seriously, my thanks for the link :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
All those instructions almost make Linux look simple :D

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question